Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 11 Video: Quick Clip 4B - The Call / Quick Clip 5 - Opening Sequences (/forums/showthread.php?t=430505)

Steve_OS 07-27-2010 11:47 AM

NHL 11 Video: Quick Clip 4B - The Call / Quick Clip 5 - Opening Sequences

Quote:

"Yesterday we saw the first part of this NHL 11 clip which saw Phil Kessel of the Maple Leafs get plastered off the puck at the side of the net only to have the wherewith all (did I use that right??) to knock in a rebound out of mid-air from his back. Not only was getting to the shot a pretty crazy sequence of events, but the shot itself looked to have been questionable on whether or not it went inside the post. Immediately the ref flew in and waved off the goal as the players were celebrating.

Though we couldn’t capture the replays that occurred following the stoppage of play because they continuously played right after the goal scored, we were able to get the replay of the goal sequence from the pause menu as you saw. We were also able to get the call after they went upstairs on whether or not the goal should have been waved off."

Source: NHL 11 In the Crease Blog

NBAttacKeR 07-27-2010 12:18 PM

Re: NHL 11 Video: Quick Clip 4B - The Call / Quick Clip 5 - Opening Sequences

Aw haha, I almost posted my topic first =P, other than that I think the presentation is looking really slick!!

Ermolli 07-27-2010 12:51 PM

Presentation is amazing. Can't wait to have the game.

Is video review in the game? After the 4b video it seem like it will be in:y220:

akula 07-27-2010 01:08 PM

the faceoff overhead part looks likes its on fast forward or something.. hope they fix that!

plaidchuck 07-27-2010 01:15 PM

Cool glad the goal counted because it looked good to me.. would like to see it a few different angles especially to see where it entered the net.

The Visualizer 07-27-2010 01:40 PM

I like the new look, but there's a lot more they can do with the presentation at the beginning of the game

tbone1 07-27-2010 01:49 PM

Sounds to me like they got a new P.A announcer.
Alot more emotion in the introductions.
I really hope there's alot more emotion when the home team scores.
As it is now its very mundane.
Also with p.a maxed you can hardly hear him.

Money99 07-27-2010 02:53 PM

I guess I'll be the black cloud.
The presentation looks a lot better, but I was bored by the 3rd entrance (Mtl-NYI). It's the same thing over and over.
And I wonder if the players shown in the split-screen will always be the same-handed, no matter which way they shoot. Stuff like that really bothers me. I guess I'm just incredibly anal when it comes to that.
But I have to think most baseball fans would be ticked off if they saw the same cut-scene of players warming up and seeing Albert Pujol's taking a few practice swings as a lefty.

I'd prefer a more dynamic, real-time opening to the games.
Have multiple camera angles selected randomly, show the players shooting around, warming up. Just make it seem more organic than giving us the same 4 scenes over and over.

I'll probably be skipping through this by game 3 of my Dynasty.
The only way I keep it going is if they give us updated stats during the intro's. Something like "Jeff Carter is on an 8-game goal scoring streak, while Ron Ellis is struggling with a 3.08 GAA over his last 4 starts".
Stuff like that is awesome. But if it's just the same stale entry, I'd rather just pass over it.