Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Clock not stopping on out-of-bounds? (/forums/showthread.php?t=442601)

ChiTownKid 09-11-2010 04:34 PM

Clock not stopping on out-of-bounds?

I've been playing online lately, and I've noticed that the clock is not always stopping when guys are pushed out of bounds with less then 2 minutes on the clock in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Anyone else seeing this? Is this a known issue, or is there some rule change I don't know about?

SwsFoe 09-11-2010 06:58 PM

Re: Clock not stopping on out-of-bounds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownKid (Post 2041590730)
I've been playing online lately, and I've noticed that the clock is not always stopping when guys are pushed out of bounds with less then 2 minutes on the clock in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Anyone else seeing this? Is this a known issue, or is there some rule change I don't know about?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the player must be moving forward out of bounds for the clock to stop. So if they were tackled backwards and fell out of bounds the clock would then not stop.

ChiTownKid 09-11-2010 07:05 PM

hmm.. there may be something to that. now that I think about it, the guys were pushed out laterally...

I didn't know that was the rule.

seels 09-11-2010 07:35 PM

It's really inconsistent. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Supersim has the clock going almost 100% of the time...time will tick off the clock even on point after attempts.

brandon27 09-11-2010 09:06 PM

This has been a Madden problem for years IMO. I've often run out of bounds, only to watch the clock to continue to run. I've noticed it a few times with 11 too. Its frustrating to say the least.

football5680 09-11-2010 10:06 PM

the clock stops for me.

CRIP4LIFE 09-12-2010 01:19 AM

edit because i misread OP.

my bad.

threes_co 09-12-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKryptic (Post 2041593518)
the clock only stops in the nfl, and therefor madden, on out-of-bounds plays during certain times of the game (at the end on 2nd and 4th quarters)... this rule was implemented 5+ years ago by the nfl rule committee to shorten the overall length of nfl games. it states:

Out of Bounds

Each football quarter lasts 15 minutes, and in the last two minutes of the second and fourth quarters, players can stop the clock by running out of bounds. At all other times during the game, time continues to tick away, even if a player runs out of bounds. This allows teams to attempt last-minute scoring drives at the end of each half, while also shortening the game at nonessential moments.

i'm surprised fans who watch the nfl dont know this. it has been an nfl rule for many years, and was never broken in madden. people just dont know it is this way in the real nfl.

Who didn't know this?