Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   WTH is up with this "Questionable/Doubtful/Probable" injury stuff? (/forums/showthread.php?t=443045)

stoncold32 09-13-2010 02:17 PM

WTH is up with this "Questionable/Doubtful/Probable" injury stuff?

I had Demarco Murray and Jeremy Beal go down early in the season for several weeks. Murray should have been back by my final reg season game, but instead was "doubtful"....then a few game weeks later I play in the big 12 title, he's still not back, but "questionable"!!! Beal, who should have been back by the Big 12 title, was also listed as "doubtful" Mind you, I had 2 weeks off in between my last game & the Big 12 title game.

Skip to the bowl game now, and both are STILL on the injury list!! Murray is "probable", and Beal is still "doubtful", I believe.

I'm not an idiot, and I understand what the terms mean, but my thing is, it doesnt seem to make sense in this game the way it's implemented

What gives.....does the game not count the weeks/months in between games towards injury recovery?

Anybody else having this issue?

mvb34 09-13-2010 02:21 PM

Re: WTH is up with this "Questionable/Doubtful/Probable" injury stuff?

Maybe the had a sit back in rehab. :nocomprende:

jake44np 09-13-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2041599971)
I had Demarco Murray and Jeremy Beal go down early in the season for several weeks. Murray should have been back by my final reg season game, but instead was "doubtful"....then a few game weeks later I play in the big 12 title, he's still not back, but "questionable"!!! Beal, who should have been back by the Big 12 title, was also listed as "doubtful" Mind you, I had 2 weeks off in between my last game & the Big 12 title game.

Skip to the bowl game now, and both are STILL on the injury list!! Murray is "probable", and Beal is still "doubtful", I believe.

I'm not an idiot, and I understand what the terms mean, but my thing is, it doesnt seem to make sense in this game the way it's implemented

What gives.....does the game not count the weeks/months in between games towards injury recovery?

Anybody else having this issue?

Happens in real sports all the time.
Jay Bruce was listed as day to day and probable 12 games ago and still hasnt played.
IRL doctors have no idea how long different athletes will take to come back from different injuries. Some guys are always able to come back quicker the others.

steelers1 09-13-2010 02:36 PM

If a guy has an injury and is out 6 weeks, that means he doesn't really even get to practice until that time is over. He isn't 100% healthy yet. For example, if you've ever broken a bone and had to have a cast, it still takes a while after you get the cast off to be able to use that arm/leg fully.

Even if the guy is 'doubtful' you can still play him by going to the injury screen while playing a game. It just means he's not 100% yet (and maybe is at a risk of re-injury).

Personally, I don't think there are nearly enough minor week to week, gameday decisions. I know in the NFL there are always a bunch of guys on the injury report listed as questionable or probably with nagging injuries like hamstrings or back problems that you don't really see in the games. There should be more multiple-week injuries that guys can still play through (at a slightly lower level).

Rebel10 09-13-2010 02:40 PM

THis is pretty realistic and it's a welcome change. The cut and dry "3 week injury" is very unrealistic and never happens that way in real life. Look at Fantasy football ... anybody with Fred Jackson, Sidney Rice, or some of those guys who got banged up in pre-season... we've all been watching injury reports to see if our players are coming back, it's always a game time decision with those injuries. Or Matt Stafford who went down yesterday is "probably" out for 6 weeks... So, he probably won't be back at full playing power by week 7, as soon as the 6 weeks is up. But then again, you have a guy like Wes Welker who many predicted wouldn't play till mid-way thru this season, and he's catching a TD pass on his second catch of the day.

I like how they did this. You CAN play them if they are questionable or probable, it's your decision... click on their name in the injury report and chose "sub in" or whatever the choice is.

I think it's a great way to do it... and like Steelers1 said, I wish that there were more week to week, gameday decisions. Seems like with one of the patches or tuners they tuned injuries down for the player because I'm getting far fewer than I used to.

stoncold32 09-13-2010 03:41 PM

Oh, I didn't know you can force play them.

OK, that's what I'm gonna do. Makes no sense for a guy to get hurt against Texas, be out for 7 weeks and still not be back by the bowl game. It's stupid to me. Why not just say he's out for the year....

ehh 09-13-2010 03:48 PM

I started my QB who was "probable" and it was a disaster, couldn't complete a pass and had 4 INT's. I think I threw eight total INTs on the year, he was just terrible that game. I put him back on the shelf until he was 100% healthy. Cool little touch by EA.

stoncold32 09-13-2010 04:03 PM

You guys can say it's realistic all you want. But, fact is, when I watch in real life and I see some player is listed as "questionable" one week, almost 100% of the time he's back playing the very next week after that. And if it says "probable" he's definitely back out on the field the next week for sure.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on about 6 weeks and they're still out.