Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   would anyone be interested in a Tecmo Super Bowl Roster set for BB? (/forums/showthread.php?t=454570)

RayRay34 11-03-2010 02:23 PM

would anyone be interested in a Tecmo Super Bowl Roster set for BB?

It's been a few months since I got rid of BB, but I'm thinking I am going to pick it up again. Last time I had it I was working on an All Time teams roster, but this time around I think I am gonna recreate Tecmo Super Bowl using the same type of stats that TSB used. Would anyone want to use this file if I released it, or would it be for my own enjoyment?

Johnson#48 11-06-2010 02:13 PM

Re: would anyone be interested in a Tecmo Super Bowl Roster set for BB?

I'd be interested.

RayRay34 11-06-2010 09:19 PM

Its in the works right now, teams and logos are all created. Working on rosters now, had to figure out how many extra guys I needed on each team and at what position to make sure no generic guys got in on plays (some are still there on special teams) because tecmo only had a few formations so less guys were needed.
Since I've been away for a while is there anything that lets me know what ratings afect what at each position?

Johnson#48 11-12-2010 05:31 PM

TSB Ratings: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588774-...owl/faqs/41237

BB Ratings: http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...2&postcount=65

RayRay34 11-12-2010 09:18 PM

The TSB ratings on gamefaqs I had already, BUT BIG THANKS FOR THE BB RATINGS!!!!!!
I have half the teams rosters made once I get done with naming the rest, I am doing the ratings for every player. Then I will go into the game test all the depth charts and AI for the cpu then release the roster. I have 14 teams left to rename I usually knock out 4 a day so if all goes well next weekend or by thanksgiving when I have more time.
I did do a game with the LA raiders vs the Oilers, and let me tell you If I leave the stats as stacked as they were on TSB it will be a high scoring stat filled game (kinda Fun) Bo had 240 yards rushing by halftime and 4 tds. (but this is all pre patch, I wont patch it till the rosters are done and ready for testing.)

maximized98 12-05-2010 08:05 PM

That would be awesome:duck:

RayRay34 12-05-2010 08:51 PM

Sorry that its taking me so long guys, COD Black Ops has been taking up all my gaming time ( when I'm not working, being a husband and father, coaching basketball and playing basketball) but I did get 6 teams done today. Only 8 more to go plus the two Pro Bowl Teams, I really wanna get this done so I can update my game. Hopefully by X-Mas time it will be ready.

RayRay34 12-07-2010 11:53 PM

OK first the good news, ALL THE TEAMS ROSTERS ARE DONE!!!! now it is time for ratings tweaks and then updating my game to see what happens. I am gonig to take the TSB ratings and convert them all into BB ratings. This means some of the numbers are gonna be really low for guys....hopefully to make it more like a TSB game. Meaning the Niners dominate and the Pats cant put point on the board! Here is an example:
Bo Jackson:
TSB Ratings:
Running Speed-38
Rushing Power-69
Maximum speed-75
Hitting Power-31
Ball Control-81
Receptions-19

Now converted to BB ratings.
Focus-50
Agility-60
Speed-75
Strength-69

The way I did this is since for a RB in Backbreaker speed and strength are simple so I just converted over the Max speed and Rushing power into the speed and strength. Since Focus for a RB is basically catching ability and fumbles I averaged receptions and ball control in the TSB ratings. Last since Agility for a RB in Bacbreaker is Acceleration and speed of jukes I averaged ball control and running speed in the TSB ratings.
I'm hoping that by finding common threads in all the positions I can get some accurate ratings as far as converting from TSB to BB, but the bigger question then is how it all plays out in the game!
Last but not least Since there were only 28 teams back in 1990, I have created the AFC and NFC pro bowl teams( Tecmo's default teams plus anyone who might have made the teams in real life but didnt make Tecmo's teams.) My question is what should I do with the other 2 slots??? leave them empty??? An all NFL team, and an All rookie team from 1990??? The reason I ask is because of the conference shuffling after expansion, you would have to add some teams to some divisions to start a season. You could use BB teams or my thought was putting one of the 4 All Star teams in a division and leaving the stronger 2 divisions alone. If that makes sense!!!!
Anyway I will post when done, If I had to guess.....maybe by Sunday of this week!