Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report) (/forums/showthread.php?t=459332)

born_bad 12-06-2010 11:28 AM

Fight Night Champion Video Preview (The OXM Report)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJ01-24R0gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJ01-24R0gk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The game looks to have an improved realistic lighting system and the ref in the ring looks like a nice addition.

My only concern was the the punches looked VERY slow, to the point where it looks distractingly bad. Can anyone confirm that the punch speed is going to be as slow as what is seen in this video?

DaveDQ 12-06-2010 01:06 PM

Re: New Video on Xbox Live

I saw it last night and will catch it again. The first thing that sort of bothered me was the audio in the intro sounded exactly like FN4's. The stats overlays looked better, but it bugged me that the audio was the same.

I noticed too that the punches looked slow and that the stun state looks to be the same. I don't mind that but the one who is doing the stunning needs to be able to take advantage of the moment. I liked how some of the knockdowns looked and how they talked about the one punch KOs.

I'm excited to see how things shape up.

JayBee74 12-06-2010 01:32 PM

I didn't think the punches looked that slow.

There is only analog punching in FNC. The producer said that it is easier to throw punches with the stick. Are the curved inputs gone for hooks and uppercuts?

thelwig14 12-06-2010 01:46 PM

Seeing Butterbean has tempered any expectations I have for the game. I swear the FN crew just doesn't get it.

born_bad 12-06-2010 01:48 PM

It definitely sounds like they simplified the punch controls, so I'm curious what that means.

The hooks in particular looked strangely slow to me, but I'll have to watch it again to see.

I did like the way the game looked overall, was disappointed to hear the same exact commentary, too, and am also excited about the 1-punch KO he talked about and how it could be the 1st punch of the match.

wyrm187 12-06-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelwig14 (Post 2041912217)
Seeing Butterbean has tempered any expectations I have for the game. I swear the FN crew just doesn't get it.

butterbeans really in it . . .. .thats a shame

thelwig14 12-06-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyrm187 (Post 2041912363)
butterbeans really in it . . .. .thats a shame

Yes. And considering he takes a spot from Ward or Martinez or Froch or whomever that isn't a freaking sideshow joke....makes me want to vomit.

Vast 12-06-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelwig14 (Post 2041912437)
Yes. And considering he takes a spot from Ward or Martinez or Froch or whomever that isn't a freaking sideshow joke....makes me want to vomit.

Mind-blowing really. I guess its equivalent to me being CEO of the Barbie dolls corporation. I'd probably make decisions that little girls would hate because i could care less about the product.

The people at EA just don't know what we want, and they don't really care. They've improved the game? yes. But we made lists of things that would improve the game exponentially, most if not all no brainers. Even still some glaring omissions.

Having a man who's never fought more than 4 rounds of boxing and really was just a sideshow freak, the face of the Toughman game back on Genesis, in the game is flabbergasting.