Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Fight Night Champion Details: Edit Licensed Boxers, AI Tendencies, Create 100 CABs (/forums/showthread.php?t=459411)

SHAKYR 12-06-2010 08:55 PM

Fight Night Champion Details: Edit Licensed Boxers, AI Tendencies, Create 100 CABs

The Developers of Fight Night Champion have posted some details on the game. Including the ability to edit licensed boxers, as well as create 100 CABs.

Quote:

"Fight Night Champion will allow you to edit Licensed Boxers.

Small disclaimer: as I noted in the thread linked above, you still won't be able to edit actual appearance options (hair, body, etc.), but you are free to edit pretty much everything else, including ratings and boxer-specific AI tendencies.

I know many of you are probably wondering what this means for online. The only edits that will carry over into Online Ranked and Unranked are changes to accessories (which comes in handy if you want to beat people up as a pink-trunks-wearing-Tyson).

Fight Night Champion will allow you to create 100 CABs.

Small disclaimer: 3 of the 100 CAB slots are reserved for Online World Championship. So you can create 97 CABs that you can use in Fight Now, Legacy Mode, and Online Unranked."

thelwig14 12-06-2010 09:03 PM

Re: Great news from the Producers!

Good news. It was tough to narrow down to 40...100 will be nice especially if the CAB stuff is improved.

TheCreep 12-06-2010 10:17 PM

Re: Great news from the Producers!

Very good news indeed. Cant wait for the release.

SHAKYR 12-06-2010 11:37 PM

there will also be tendencies in the game. I'm hoping with the depth I had on the wishlist I gave them last year. I wonder if any of these are in... http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1062262.page

The Visualizer 12-07-2010 03:26 AM

Re: Fight Night Champion Details: Edit Licensed Boxers, AI Tendencies, Create 100 CAB

Everything is coming together perfectly, only thing else I hope is there are better options for hairstyles for CAB's, and more customization for trunks would be nice too, but with 100 spots and full customization and no ratings caps me and my buddy are gonna be able to to town filling out the roster.

thelwig14 12-07-2010 11:13 AM

Re: Fight Night Champion Details: Edit Licensed Boxers, AI Tendencies, Create 100 CAB

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Visualizer (Post 2041914428)
Everything is coming together perfectly, only thing else I hope is there are better options for hairstyles for CAB's, and more customization for trunks would be nice too, but with 100 spots and full customization and no ratings caps me and my buddy are gonna be able to to town filling out the roster.

Tats are always a huge problem.

SHAKYR 12-07-2010 06:59 PM

More news from one of the producers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.jazzBRO
Quote:

Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.CountryBoy1974
Jazz, Do we need to duplicate the Existing boxers to change their Ratings.

We had to remove that 'feature' in order to get this to work properly, so no-- you don't have to (and can't even) duplicate a licensed boxer to edit him.

I should have mentioned that CABs are now game mode specific. What this means is that a CAB created in Legacy Mode exists in Legacy Mode only. A CAB created in OWC exists in OWC only. You can still create all the CABs you want in Create Boxer and import them into a game mode. You will keep your Fight Now CAB and we'll duplicate him within the game mode you've imported him into.

I know some people won't be thrilled about this, but with the increase in CAB slots, improvements to OWC, the ability to completely edit ratings, and removal of CABs from Online Ranked, I hope you will all agree that it was a change for the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cem_ea_id.CountryBoy1974
Will the changed ratings stay even after we turn off the console?

Yes, your edited ratings will remain until you decide to reset them to default.

RumbleCard 12-07-2010 07:04 PM

The real question is whether or not you can take multiple CABs in to Legacy mode...IE fill out a massive roster of current boxers and have a more accurate representation of the fighters you'll be competing against as you move your Legacy boxer up in the ranks.

I'm not fond of always being stuck with having a ton of good caps but only the ability to use one within the same career mode.