Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas? (/forums/showthread.php?t=466441)

Ian_Cummings 01-26-2011 10:04 PM

Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

What do you guys think of the idea of us releasing our first official Madden NFL 12 developer podcast at halftime? It'd only be say 5-8 minutes long, but it'd be a video podcast, showing us talking about maybe one or two new features (along with maybe some mocks or ANT footage) - kind of a kick-off to the new year.

We did the standard blog for Madden 10, and then the Easter egg video for Madden 11 (which took a few weeks to actually spread around), but I'm trying to find something that will leave the community happy and not saying "meh, that was lame, wake me up in August".

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

loloben 01-26-2011 10:07 PM

Re: Super Bowl halftime

I'd like it, but I would like it to be put on the internet and not just on the 360 if the 2010 developers podcast was just on the 360.

Cubfan 01-26-2011 10:08 PM

I like it. I'm ready for some Madden info.

St. Chaos 01-26-2011 10:09 PM

I'd like it on my X360. For some reason, I won't watch podcasts on my laptop, heh...

huskerwr38 01-26-2011 10:09 PM

Yea, that would be awesome, I like it.

Jarodd21 01-26-2011 10:10 PM

Put it on internet and the game systems(PS3, 360).

TheCreep 01-26-2011 10:20 PM

Good afternoon Ian. I would suggest a tidbit of info on offline and online franchise although that might be difficult to do as any changes with franchise probably aren't really big visually. I think thats more something you have to experience first hand vice visuals. You say maybe some footage? Probably the way to go. Reference that, I would suggest some footage of locomotion/pro tac/physics refinement as I'm sure thats something you guys work on every year to tighten up.

Maybe some new animations?

On that note, I remember you speaking on the fact that there are many animations in game but they dont always play out (why we see the same animations often), I'm hoping you guys have tweaked the code (or however that works) to allow for the full spread of whats in game to be seen.

Kind of off topic here (any direct line I can get to you, I gotta use it man lol), but I hope you guys rendered the ion schutt helmet/mask combos this year. That would be great.

Thanks.

bigsmallwood 01-26-2011 10:31 PM

Presentation would be an excellent choice for Super Bowl Half-Time info!!!! :D