Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Few Questions for the ChiseGuys. (/forums/showthread.php?t=468405)

HITTERSAURUS REX 02-11-2011 09:19 AM

Few Questions for the ChiseGuys.

Sup fellow Franchise MLB OS'ers. Being that I never really got into GM, Manger or Chise mode of games. I gotta say that strategy MLB Franchise thread has really opened my curiosity for MLB11. So I bring you these questions as I and probably others like myself would like to read your honest responses.

- Do you guys change any of your difficulties levels once you started your MLB ShowChise?

- If "YES", does it throw off your statistical tracking side of the game, or do you just look past all that and continue as if nothing happened?

- If "NO", then why do you feel so strongly about not touching your difficulties once they are finally set
?

(I was going to set up a poll, but I'm looking for more indepth answers then simply just a tally of votes)

ElroyJetson 02-11-2011 10:07 AM

Re: Few Questions for the ChiseGuys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX (Post 2042112301)
Sup fellow Franchise MLB OS'ers. Being that I never really got into GM, Manger or Chise mode of games. I gotta say that strategy MLB Franchise thread has really opened my curiosity for MLB11. So I bring you these questions as I and probably others like myself would like to read your honest responses.

- Do you guys change any of your difficulties levels once you started your MLB ShowChise?

- If "YES", does it throw off your statistical tracking side of the game, or do you just look past all that and continue as if nothing happened?

- If "NO", then why do you feel so strongly about not touching your difficulties once they are finally set
?

(I was going to set up a poll, but I'm looking for more indepth answers then simply just a tally of votes)

By time I start my franchise I usually have a good set of sliders I'm using, I'll start it on a difficulty and leave it there, I might mess with the sliders a bit if my stats are non realistic to me.

Bullit 02-11-2011 11:43 AM

I play probably about 20 games or so before I start my franchise. This help me figure out a difficulty level that suits me. I always wait for the OS full minor rosters and then I start my franchise.

Whatever difficulty I use is where it stays forever. I do not change sliders or tweek anything. In '10 I have just finished my fourth year and all of my stats seemed pretty accurate and the gameplay was great for me on default settings. I moved kept pitching at Vet and moved hitting up one level and left it there.

I used to chase slider settings and all of that but I just realised that I was spending more time playing with sliders than playing with the game, so I just stopped messing with them and have never looked back.

Skyboxer 02-11-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

?

I'l play roughly 60ish games before even starting Franchise. I use that time to get settings I like. Once I start the franchise the "tweaking" stops. I consider it MY MLB world then.
Too many people play 3-5 games then make a change as they feel something isn't right. Baseball has up's and down's, Odd occurances etc....
So I play a good amount for me before hand to get it set then I'm done. I refused to get caught in the "Slider Hell" last year and will do the same this year.

morieeel 02-11-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

?

I've been lucky. I just set my to veteran with nothing adjusted except pitch speed. But like mentioned you may want to play a few games to find your right setting. I try not to mess with sliders, with slumps and hot streaks it takes to many games to figure out if the setting is accurate. Also I want to think about game strategy and not sliders during a game. I dont worry to much if my settings favor me as I sim enough games to offset that. Plus I never won a World Series with my Chise so Im guessing I dont have too much of a advantage. LOL

countryboy 02-11-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

?

I don't change anything once I start my franchise. The reason being that A) I don't wanna play the mini game of adjusting sliders/difficulty levels etc... B) I don't want "false" stats. in other words, I don't want to lower the difficulty because I am losing just to win. I want to feel as though I've earned all my wins, losses, and stats.

I start up and never look back. :)

HITTERSAURUS REX 02-11-2011 06:29 PM

Much thanks in your sharing OS'ers, So far it favors once you start don't touch a darn thing..

P.S. I should of asked what difficulty you are also using Vet, Allstar, HOF or Legend. (Shucks, snaps fingers)

countryboy 02-11-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX (Post 2042113633)
Much thanks in your sharing OS'ers, So far it favors once you start don't touch a darn thing..

P.S. I should of asked what difficulty you are also using Vet, Allstar, HOF or Legend. (Shucks, snaps fingers)

I play on Legend for both hitting/pitching. :)