Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MLB 2K11 Preview: Franchise Mode, My Player and More... (Destructoid) (/forums/showthread.php?t=469175)

boomhauertjs 02-16-2011 02:17 PM

MLB 2K11 Preview: Franchise Mode, My Player and More... (Destructoid)

Destructoid has just posted their second MLB 2K11 preview. This one detailing Franchise Mode, My Player and more.

Quote:

"I brought up 2K10’s messed-up manager AI for pitchers, and Bailey freely acknowledged that it was awful; he told me I was being too nice about a system where a manager left my starter in for twelve innings. But 2K11 doesn’t go by pitcher stamina or energy, concepts that are “too videogamey,” according to Bailey. “If it says ‘52 energy,’ what does that mean to me? Can I pitch three more innings? One more inning?” Instead, in-game managers will focus on your pitch count, just like real MLB coaches. On the pause screen, you’ll see your current and expected pitch count, and when you reach the upper limits of the expected range for the day, you’ll probably get pulled."

boomhauertjs 02-16-2011 02:19 PM

Re: New Destructoid Preview 2-16-2011

I just hope games don't take over an hour because you're throwing 150+ pitches. I'll sacrifice a little accuracy on the pitch counts to have a game I can play in about 45 minutes.

krazzed 02-16-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhauertjs (Post 2042126015)
I just hope games don't take over an hour because you're throwing 150+ pitches. I'll sacrifice a little accuracy on the pitch counts to have a game I can play in about 45 minutes.

I disagree, I would be disappointed if games only took 45 mins. Sure, you could get more games in, in less time but I would rather not take that hit in realism. Because that would affect the fatigue over a season that they have been talking about, and many other things

Blzer 02-16-2011 02:39 PM

There is so much talk about some of these new features, that it's strange I can't truly get a grasp on what it all means exactly until we get some gameplay videos. So far aside from pitching cameras, I have absolutely no idea what any other camera looks like. The screenshots for this game are pretty ugly, I don't think that's helping them out much. We need some gameplay footage, stat!

Money99 02-16-2011 02:44 PM

I'm really pumped for this game! I haven't owned a baseball game since The Show 09 so I'm itching to get my baseball on.

One thing I want to know is if the My Player has off-field interactions like NBA2K11.
That would be awesome!

Mercury112491 02-16-2011 02:47 PM

Best things I read in that article were...

All HR tells are gone

Tuned to make more realistic pitch counts so you can't breeze through in 50 pitches(this is awesome and addresses a concern we've had)

Mutltiple dive animations(so hopefully that stiff one from the trailer isn't a good example of what the dives look like)

The injury managment in franchise sounds absolutely perfect. Older players with nagging injuries that never really go away?!?! Awesome. Lets hope it actually plays that way.

Money99 02-16-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercury112491 (Post 2042126081)
Best things I read in that article were...

All HR tells are gone

Tuned to make more realistic pitch counts so you can't breeze through in 50 pitches(this is awesome and addresses a concern we've had)

Mutltiple dive animations(so hopefully that stiff one from the trailer isn't a good example of what the dives look like)

The injury managment in franchise sounds absolutely perfect. Older players with nagging injuries that never really go away?!?! Awesome. Lets hope it actually plays that way.

I love that too. But there are times where I want a MONSTER shot to be known right away.
But maybe it will based on the sound and reaction of the ball?

jeffy777 02-16-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money99 (Post 2042126108)
I love that too. But there are times where I want a MONSTER shot to be known right away.
But maybe it will based on the sound and reaction of the ball?

Agreed. I do hope there will still be "no doubters", including the slow trot to first, bat flip, etc. :)

Also, the article mentioned that the hitting camera will be more like 2K9 rather than 2K10. I REALLY liked the default camera in 2K10 because it was amazing for reading pitches (after I zommed it in all the way), so I still hope it's an option. I'm thinking it will be since VC has been really good about camera options for a couple years now. I also hope the custom camera settings save this year. One of the Kotaku articles made it sound like they do, so I hope that's the case.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to some gameplay vids :woot: