Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 The Masters Video: 1997 Masters (/forums/showthread.php?t=469308)

Steve_OS 02-17-2011 11:35 AM

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 The Masters Video: 1997 Masters

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

jestep123 02-17-2011 12:06 PM

I think this game is very underated here. I preorered two games. MLB 11 the Show and this one. I think it is going to be alot of fun and different than previous years.

ocat 02-17-2011 01:29 PM

Love the reaction when he sinks the putt to win............oh wait a minute THERE WAS NONE!?! I don't understand why everyone is gushing over these vids. It looks exactly the same as every other year with just a few bells and whistles tacked on.

ImTellinTim 02-17-2011 03:51 PM

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12 The Masters Video: 1997 Masters

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocat (Post 2042128686)
Love the reaction when he sinks the putt to win............oh wait a minute THERE WAS NONE!?! I don't understand why everyone is gushing over these vids. It looks exactly the same as every other year with just a few bells and whistles tacked on.

Well I, for one, skipped 11 and got a good amount of enjoyment out of 10. I like to play as sim as possible (I understand that video games are supposed to be fun...not PERFECT) being an avid golfer myself. I was very close to purchasing 11 after hearing about the True Aim/Tour difficulty combo and how nice it was. Therefore, this is going to be a definite buy for me since those things that people liked from 11 are still in plus now we get Augusta.

So for me, it sounds like it's much different from my 10 experience. That's why some people might be "gushing" over these videos.

TracerBullet 02-17-2011 08:04 PM

I skipped on Tiger last year, I think I'm going to get that golf fix this year.

Dalsanto0026 02-18-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocat (Post 2042128686)

I agree. There's no atmosphere, and how bland are the graphics? This series is really stale, much like the majority of EA's sports titles.

BLB34 02-18-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026 (Post 2042130650)
I agree. There's no atmosphere, and how bland are the graphics? This series is really stale, much like the majority of EA's sports titles.

Totally agree. That's one of my biggest complaints with this game - no atmosphere to pull you in. Tiger winning his first Masters and he putts out like he's at a Wednesday pro-am. The gallery is completely dead. EA really needs to take some lessons from NBA 2K11 and MLB The Show to see how stadium/venue atmosphere, fans, cutscenes, etc. really enhance the experience.

OnlookerDelay 02-18-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLB34 (Post 2042130991)
Totally agree. That's one of my biggest complaints with this game - no atmosphere to pull you in.

The gallery helps a bit, but so much more could be done to give this game some life if they simply presented the other golfers, and this year their caddies, in your group. You're playing in a PGA tournament against a field of 150 golfers, yet you never see another golfer while in play. I don't know why they can't give you the option of playing with the closest licensed pro in the game in a twosome.

Say you're playing with Bubba Watson and he outdrives you by 20 yards off the tee. Wouldn't it be cool to see Bubba and his caddy standing beside his ball, off to the side, watching you play your shot? Furthermore, it would be even better if you could then advance a few yards, and watch Bubba play his shot from where your golfer is standing? This would be so much more immersive than watching him play it from his shot camera view... I really don't understand why they can't cash in on this idea. It's been brought to EA's attention year after year!?

The only reason I can think of as to why this is not being done is the game engine can't handle the extra processing this would require. But dang it would be nice to have something that didn't seem like you were playing in a vacuum.... (sigh)