Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed, Available in Online and Exhibition Only (/forums/showthread.php?t=470238)

Steve_OS 02-23-2011 05:41 PM

MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed, Available in Online and Exhibition Only

Playstation.Blog has posted some more MLB 11 The Show co-op mode details. Unfortunately, we can't use this mode in season or franchise mode.

Quote:

"For those of you that follow us closely, you know that we spend a lot of time reading feedback from all of our fans out there. One of the features that many of you have been pushing for is the desire to play The Show with someone as a teammate, instead of just as an opponent. So, this year we created a co-op mode that gives you and a buddy the ability to play on the same team against the CPU, against 1 player, or against 2 other players.

Here’s how it works…you’re able to customize who will be responsible for the different offensive and defensive areas of the game. When you’re at bat, you can choose to allow one person to do all of the batting or choose to alternate batters. The base running works in the opposite way so if you’re batting, your teammate will be responsible for the base running allowing you to work together for sacrifices and hit and runs. I promise you, if you’re playing a 2v2 co-op offline, you’ll start to develop hand signals with your teammate for these situations. I know, that sounds ridiculous, but it’s going to happen.

When you’re in the field, there are four different controllable areas—pitcher, catcher, infield, and outfield. Again, you have the ability to customize who is responsible for different areas. The pitcher, like the batter, can alternate between the teammates (per inning)."

Socalbias 02-23-2011 05:51 PM

Re: MLB 11 The Show: Co-op Mode Detailed

Either this is during the day or the lighting on the demo REALLY sucks... I still can't figure out hitting yet :y14:

nemesis04 02-23-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socalbias (Post 2042146769)

Either this is during the day or the lighting on the demo REALLY sucks... I still can't figure out hitting yet :y14:

The pic is a day game and the demo is a night game.

Raskal 02-23-2011 05:53 PM

I love the new co-op!

My one complaint is it's too hard to tell who's doing what at any given time. The Player Control Icon only shows up briefly and is hard to understand at a glance. A simple controller rumble when it's your turn to bat or pitch might help alleviate this.

Russell_SCEA 02-23-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raskal (Post 2042146777)
I love the new co-op!

My one complaint is it's too hard to tell who's doing what at any given time. The Player Control Icon only shows up briefly and is hard to understand at a glance. A simple controller rumble when it's your turn to bat or pitch might help alleviate this.

If you choose to alternate batting how could it be hard to tell whos batting?

Doran 02-23-2011 06:01 PM

Nice! This might be the way I can get my brother to actually play with me. Unfortunately, he hates baseball.

Quote:

I still can't figure out hitting yet
Actually, analog hitting is literally teaching me plate discipline in a way the old controls never did. Too bad I suck at batting in general.

I hate analog fielding though. I probably won't flip that on till the summer.

Raskal 02-23-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2042146808)

It's only been a problem for me on the first batter of the inning, and the first pitch of the inning. We sometimes have had to ask eachother who's doing what at the beginning of each inning. It can be difficult to remember who made the last out as the batter the previous inning, and who pitched the last inning. Especially in a co-op environment where there might be other distractions.

strut24 02-23-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2042146808)

can you do a co-op franchise? can you answer my PM?