Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MLB 2K11 Video - Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees (Shaky Cam) (/forums/showthread.php?t=471760)

stoncold32 03-07-2011 01:42 PM

Re: MLB 2K11 Video - Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees (Shaky Cam)

LOL @ these two guys saying the Show commentary sucks.

Really? Really?

I think it's pretty darn good and better than 2K series.

One thing I do like about 2K series is the Insiders Edge stuff and the other little stuff at the plate.

ggazoo 03-07-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoncold32 (Post 2042182832)
LOL @ these two guys saying the Show commentary sucks.

Really? Really?

I think it's pretty darn good and better than 2K series.

One thing I do like about 2K series is the Insiders Edge stuff and the other little stuff at the plate.

I have to disagree - 2K's commentary kills The Show's. 2K has a knack for commentary (see NBA). The Show's play-by-play gets really stale really quick.

Giants4Natic 03-07-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redemption (Post 2042182565)
what exactly are the "core elements" that are broken? Bad looking jumbotrons and swing animations that lack "weight" hardly seem like core elements of a baseball game (in fact, they seem like the exact opposite).

If the hitting/pitching/fielding are all improved like they are supposed to be, it seems like the core elements will be working quite well, and your gripe lies in other areas, but not the core gameplay

I consider baserunning a chore element of any baseball game and swing animation a very important element for a NEXT GEN video game

We are not in the PS1 era anymore and this things should be looking you know SIM like

Throwing a baseball acrosss the diamon has ZERO weight to it.

Like a mod posted earlier, it feels like softball compared to hardball

The game has many nice things that I love, but you cannot turn a blind eye to the major issues that still hack this series.

I know that every year we hear they are getting better at it.

But I see many issues still wrong.

JerseySuave4 03-07-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggazoo (Post 2042182858)
I have to disagree - 2K's commentary kills The Show's. 2K has a knack for commentary (see NBA). The Show's play-by-play gets really stale really quick.

For every game the commentary gets stale quickly. NBA 2k11 the commentary gets stale. Every game you play with a particular team in your Association you hear the same story when a certain guy goes to the foul line. I'm not saying that The Show's commentary is better but if you don't think 2k's commentary won't get stale after a month or two of playing the game then you're crazy. The commentary for every game gets stale. It just gets stale quicker when you're playing the same title each year meaning Madden year after year or The Show year after year because its never all brand new commentary its just an addition to the previous year so youre going to hear comments you heard from previous years.

Jamin23 03-07-2011 03:34 PM

Truthfully the 2k could have made the video boards look a little nicer. They made the other parts around them authentic, but the part of with the picture looks bad. Next year I hope the graphics team focuses on them and the names on the uniforms to make them look more authentic.