Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 11 The Show Video: Challenge of the Week (/forums/showthread.php?t=471983)

Steve_OS 03-07-2011 08:56 PM

MLB 11 The Show Video: Challenge of the Week

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

In the latest MLB 11 The Show blog, Ramone Russell goes over the Challenge of the Week feature.

Quote:

"Challenge of the Week is a fast-paced and fun arcade-style mode where the goal is to score as many points as possible. You’re the batter and you get thre outs with thre strikes per out. Your overall score consists of your points and Momentum (aka multiplier). The longer the hit, the more points you get. The better the hit and the more momentum you earn. There will also be weekly bonuses to help with racking up points. Challenge of the Week will feature the hottest batters and pitchers during the MLB season so check back to see if we feature a player from your favorite MLB team.

To play, simply go to the “Challenge of the Week” option on the main menu of MLB 11 The Show and select the current Challenge.

So what do you get if you’re #1 on the leaderboard at the end of the week? Real-world prizes! We’re talking about signed MLB gear, Sony Electronics, gift cards, the works!"

Does this look like something you're interested in? For more details, click here.

legend88 03-07-2011 09:06 PM

Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Challenge of the Week

Looks awesome. Can't wait to test this thing out tomorrow. What a great idea. A fun mode for users and a cash cow for SCEA. I can only imagine how much money they will generate from this week after week. Hopefully the put some of that money back into the development of the game for next year.

My one question is: Are Canadian residents elegible:y220:. If not I will be extremely dissapointed.

Bigsheen 03-07-2011 09:25 PM

im confused on how they are goping to implement the quarter for every second+ use. are they just going to use money from our playstation store funds?

legend88 03-07-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsheen (Post 2042184677)
im confused on how they are goping to implement the quarter for every second+ use. are they just going to use money from our playstation store funds?

If you watch the video carefully it will cost you $0.25 per try at the challenge. You get one free attempt each week. You can also buy a pack of 5 tries for $1 (you get one free) or you can buy a pack of 26 tries for $5 (you get 6 free). It looks as though you will have to add funds to your PS store account and then the game will just debit your account either per try or you can buy the packs.

42 03-07-2011 09:40 PM

Bring it! :ohno:

Russell_SCEA 03-07-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42 (Post 2042184760)
Bring it! :ohno:

I'm expecting you or Nemesis to win at least one of the weeks. Don't disappoint me.

bukktown 03-07-2011 09:44 PM

WOW! Looks like I will be dropping over $100 to play the Show this year!:)
I used to play the MVP 05 hitting challenges over and over probably more than I played my franchise. I get so addicted to things like this lol.

Knight165 03-07-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2042184766)
I'm expecting you or Nemesis to win at least one of the weeks. Don't disappoint me.

Forget someone?
(no...not EN or Glen...or even Jim wisea$$)

M.K.
Knight165