Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Video - Demo Tips: Putting (/forums/showthread.php?t=472405)

Steve_OS 03-09-2011 01:24 PM

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Video - Demo Tips: Putting

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

fishepa 03-09-2011 02:10 PM

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters Video - Demo Tips: Putting

PUtting circle?

mike24forever 03-10-2011 08:12 AM

I don't think I like this idea!

bms715 03-10-2011 06:03 PM

Tell me why Tiger's pants are always so high...he looks like Steve Urcle along with most other players in the game

rangerrick012 03-12-2011 08:46 PM

Too bad this says NOTHING about how to putt on Tournament difficulty. Putting on tournament seems totally random, there's no rhyme or reason as to what determines how far the ball goes.

Seymour Scagnetti 03-12-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerrick012 (Post 2042204637)
Too bad this says NOTHING about how to putt on Tournament difficulty. Putting on tournament seems totally random, there's no rhyme or reason as to what determines how far the ball goes.

It just takes practice and getting a feel for it because I find putting to be excellent in this game. For short putts swing the stick back and forth quickly, with longer putts do it slower. And go by the putter head everytime you putt and after awhile you know how far it should go back for the distance you want. And just adjust accordingly when the putt is uphill or downhill.

rangerrick012 03-13-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti (Post 2042204818)
It just takes practice and getting a feel for it because I find putting to be excellent in this game. For short putts swing the stick back and forth quickly, with longer putts do it slower. And go by the putter head everytime you putt and after awhile you know how far it should go back for the distance you want. And just adjust accordingly when the putt is uphill or downhill.

Yeah I've been working at it a bit more in the demo on tournament diff, since I didn't get TW 11 and my last experience is playing TW 10 on Tour Pro when you still at least had the putt meter IIRC. But yeah it still seems a bit random w/o the meter. Practice, practice, practice I guess. :brickwall

DivotMaker 03-14-2011 07:49 AM

Interesting thread in the EA Tiger forums discussing putting without the meter (Tournament mode)....

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/4714013.page