Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update (/forums/showthread.php?t=473425)

RaychelSnr 03-14-2011 04:40 PM

MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

After spending the past half week with MLB 11: The Show, here is list of “small” things that I’ve come to appreciate -- and a few that have become an annoyance.

The Small Things, Both Good and Bad

First, I love the lighting in this game. Day games look like day games, even when it is overcast and the lights are on. I also like the shadows creeping across the batter's box and how they really have a slight affect on picking up the pitch. Night games look fantastic as well.

The new weather effects are also wonderful. Rain looks good without being overdone. I have not seen any specific weather-related animations yet, but to be truthful, I have not been playing in the rain a ton. I did, however, get to hear some commentary related to the weather.

Read More - MLB '11: The Show Impressions at the Seventh Inning Stretch

ImTellinTim 03-14-2011 05:24 PM

Re: MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

RE: Loading time in RTTS. I am just not seeing anywhere near those types of loading times - at least not in the minors. I'll start timing it and post my results when I get home.

EDIT: First game I was in the starting lineup. 50 seconds load time going in. 12 seconds load time coming out. This is AAA, so I'm not sure if you're seeing the longer load times due to loading major league parks? I can't comment on that. But to say that a pinch hitting appearance takes 10 minutes with only 2-3 minutes of game time seems entirely off base from my experience so far.

Fat PS3, btw.

CPRoark 03-14-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTellinTim (Post 2042210432)
RE: Loading time in RTTS. I am just not seeing anywhere near those types of loading times - at least not in the minors. I'll start timing it and post my results when I get home.

EDIT: First game I was in the starting lineup. 50 seconds load time going in. 12 seconds load time coming out. This is AAA, so I'm not sure if you're seeing the longer load times due to loading major league parks? I can't comment on that. But to say that a pinch hitting appearance takes 10 minutes with only 2-3 minutes of game time seems entirely off base from my experience so far.

Fat PS3, btw.

You are probably right that my 10 minute estimate is high, but the the load times are way too high. I feel like we should be able to jump in and out with relative ease. My estimate was taking everything into account...loading into the mode, simming to the your next appearance, having it load up, player introductions, at-bat, loading time coming out, etc. It at least FEELS like 10 minutes.

Thanks for timing it though.

ImTellinTim 03-15-2011 12:16 AM

Re: MLB '11: The Show Mid-Review Update

I do agree with you to a point. Especially when you're playing multiple games in a row in the same stadium.

I can see how almost a minute could be too long for some. Just not a big deal to me.

BaylorBearBryant 03-15-2011 01:59 AM

Dynamic rain is a nice feature. But the best new addition is analog hitting! Fantastic!

Bulls321974 03-15-2011 09:50 AM

Do i love this game? Oh yes!