Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 (/forums/showthread.php?t=474566)

Steve_OS 03-22-2011 09:28 AM

25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Over the next few weeks, EA Sports will show 25 new plays that you will find in NCAA Football 12.

New offensive plays will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while a new defensive play every Tuesday and Thursday. Each new play will be accompanied by a screen of the play art and a brief description of why the play has been added to NCAA Football 12.

Play #7 features the 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3.

Quote:

"3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3 - The 3-3-5 Okie formation is new to NCAA Football 12. This formation allows teams that base out of the 3-3-5 defense to get into a more rational “3-4 Normal” look. A widely used scheme from this look is the NCAA Blitz 3 which is a three deep, three under fire zone scheme. "

khaliib 03-22-2011 10:37 AM

I wish instead of squares, O"s and X"s, the position or players number was listed and that we could somehow switch blitz/coverage assignment between position/player on the fly.

Also, I hope they've changed it so that in such coverages, the HUM control does not have to manually tell the corners to back off.

It would be even better if we could adjust the location of were we want players to start from and/or set the depth (5, 7, 12 yards) of individuals in our Secondary within the Defensive packages.
-->If I have an shutdown type corner, I would have him Bump-n-Bail to his Deep 3rd with this call.

I really hope player positional ratings play a better role on the Defensive side this year other than the speed factor.

I love the 3-3-5.
You can be very creative if given the controls to do so.

CKA15 03-22-2011 10:41 AM

This doesn't matter if they don't fix the zone defense anyway

khaliib 03-22-2011 11:14 AM

Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKA15 (Post 2042236329)
This doesn't matter if they don't fix the zone defense anyway

I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.

LionsFanNJ 03-22-2011 11:17 AM

I hope the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 ailgnments are fixed to make them viable defense this year

sent from parts unknown

Palo20 03-22-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2042236433)
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.

That's an outstanding idea. I love it.

LBzrule 03-22-2011 02:17 PM

This is a good blitz that a great deal of teams use. The thing that I think they need to do to make things like this effective is to have pre-snap timed movement. Do that and you have already halfway addressed the zone coverage issue. The best way to address any coverage issues IMO is to address things in front of it. There may be some logic in the players zone behavior that needs to be addressed but if up front is addressed then it makes the back end that much more solid.

Palo20 03-22-2011 03:11 PM

I wonder if this play will also be in the Nickel 3-3-5 sets? Looks like it could be a 3-3-5 exclusive play.

It's a useless play if it's only found in West Virginia or Tulsa's playbook.