Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Topspin 4 - match length ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=475544)

packmanuk 03-29-2011 10:55 AM

Topspin 4 - match length ?

I've started a career and am now a level 10 player playing minor and major events. All matches seem to be super tiebreaks. Will all my matchs be like this or will other events be longer ?

I don't want to play super tiebreaks in grand slams so can this be changed ?

Also do all events start in the quarters or are some events longer ?

DustinT 03-29-2011 01:15 PM

Re: Topspin 4 - match length ?

When you start your career you get to choose between super tie-break, classic tennis, etc.

You might have to restart to set it to legit scores, I'm not sure. Check the settings and everything. If not, well damn.

And events get longer the further you get into your career.

josef 03-29-2011 01:32 PM

hmm.. i'm curious about this too. I just started a career and don't want to get too deep into it if I can't actually play some real matches at some point. These 10 pt tie breaks are okay right now, but I'm ASSUMING they're progress to get longer as I get deeper in my career.. right? I chose the default match thing when I started my career..

DustinT 03-29-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josef (Post 2042259624)
hmm.. i'm curious about this too. I just started a career and don't want to get too deep into it if I can't actually play some real matches at some point. These 10 pt tie breaks are okay right now, but I'm ASSUMING they're progress to get longer as I get deeper in my career.. right? I chose the default match thing when I started my career..

Like I said, check in the settings and what not to see if you can change it. If not I'd quit now and restart using classic tennis.

packmanuk 03-29-2011 02:46 PM

I may have to styart again then which is annoying. So I should set it to classic tennis. Do I then get an option for shorter or longer matches ? Or is this done at the start as well ? Don't want to play 3 game grand slam finals.

packmanuk 03-29-2011 04:05 PM

There seems to be 3 choices at the start of a career and it can't be changed.

1 - Normal - Some events will have custom scoring specific to that event - What does that mean ? Minor event all seem to have super tiebreak as do the majors i've played. What other formats have people seen ?

2 - Topspin - All matches are 3 sets of 3 games with the last set a super tiebreak.

3 - Real Tennis - Exact formats of real life so 3 sets or 5 set matches.

I see what numbers 2 and 3 are going to be but I really want to play number 1 as the exhibitions and minor events will be quicker but don't want the majors and grand slams to also be super tiebreaks. What have people found with this option ?

FlyingFinn 03-30-2011 01:45 PM

The only way to play the majors with best of 5 sets 6 games per set is to play on the Real Tennis setting.

packmanuk 03-30-2011 03:28 PM

So is normal setting always a super tiebreak ? Minor and majors seem to be what about grand slams ?

I think i'm going to use the best of 3 games setting, what do others use ?