Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OUTRAGE over DLC courses? (/forums/showthread.php?t=475952)

AirLobo23 03-31-2011 02:15 PM

OUTRAGE over DLC courses?

Just curious why more people are not complaining over the fact that upon RELEASE ea is blatantly ripping people off by charging the public for extra courses that oh btw are already included in the Wii version of the game.

Is it just because Tiger is nowhere near as popular as Madden & NCAA? For me, of all the ridiculous things EA has done over the years this is by far the worst. Even if u spend $10 extra for the ps3 version u still don't receive all the courses!

It's an outrage (to me @ least)

Whitesox 03-31-2011 02:29 PM

Re: OUTRAGE over DLC courses?

I'm definitely upset. Day one DLC always irks me. I don't visit these forums much, though.

GivenWings 03-31-2011 02:33 PM

I most definitely agree.

I understand trying to make a buck, but this was a slap in the face when I realized how much it's, dare I say, in the game.

peigone 03-31-2011 02:37 PM

EA can only rip people off if people of their own volition are paying for these courses. You have a choice in other words.

Links golf back in the day used to charge 15-20 bucks for a disk with a new course on it. I only bought those courses when they came out with a 3-fer bundle a year after they were first released.

GivenWings 03-31-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peigone (Post 2042267628)
EA can only rip people off if people of their own volition are paying for these courses. You have a choice in other words.

Links golf back in the day used to charge 15-20 bucks for a disk with a new course on it. I only bought those courses when they came out with a 3-fer bundle a year after they were first released.

I definitely agree w/ you Peigone regarding the choice we have in all of this, but to have it cross over into the Career Mode, and yes I know it's supposedly not going to change anything when it comes down to it all, that's a little too much.

josef 03-31-2011 02:49 PM

i agree it sucks.. but do we know if they can even fit more courses on a PS3 or 360 disc? Which is fine if they can't or whatever.. but I just think the courses should be a bit cheaper.. like $1-2 a pop would be decent.

Zalf 03-31-2011 02:51 PM

The time for outrage was 3+ years ago when the course DLC hit full steam for $10 a course. Outrage is only called for when you are paying more for less. Compared to previous years course counts out of the box are pretty much the same and DLCs are way cheaper this year. No outrage required.

Adding paid DLC to career is pushing the edge towards a slippery slope.

peigone 03-31-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GivenWings (Post 2042267654)
but to have it cross over into the Career Mode

Seriously? I didn't know that. So you're saying in order to play career mode in the game, you have to pay for the extra courses first? THAT'S a complete ripoff if so.