Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Basketball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   NBA Hangtime (/forums/showthread.php?t=476749)

The_Kryptic_Enigma 04-06-2011 12:49 AM

NBA Hangtime

Im unsure of the creator.. Midway maybe? from back in the day. anyone else here play that game before? I got this game when i was still in elementary school. Might of been new out at the time. I didnt even really care about BBall but since playing it i started to get into the sport and especially the games going along with it. This game still stands as one of my favs. Not because of likeliness or realism but because it was just plain old school fun.

simgamer0005 04-06-2011 02:42 AM

Re: NBA Hangtime

i'm glad you brought this up. This was also one of my favorite games back in the day. i had it for the PC version. the file size was small by today's standards if i remember correctly. that game just had some great animations, especially the shooting animations. shooting a fade away was so fun. the rebounding was rewarding. shooting a 3 was awesome! it felt like the real thing. games like this paved the way for the NFL Blitz series, but NBA Hangtime on PC was a game that just never seemed to get old. It looked so good and it was just so much fun. NBA Jam Tournament Edition was solid too, but there was something about NBA Hangtime that kept me coming back.

SonicXtreme 04-06-2011 03:53 AM

nba HOOPZ is still my favorite jam incarnation because it's the only one with editable rosters, so i can have a semi-up to date game to play since even EA won't update their current nba jam releases :nono:

jyoung 04-06-2011 11:52 AM

Definitely my favorite version of NBA Jam. I played the N64 version to death back in the day.

Best parts of this game were the freakish guy on the cover and the awesome halftime song:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U6G0Ht7rxEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>