Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Wishlist (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines... (/forums/showthread.php?t=479502)

tomymac23 04-24-2011 09:32 AM

Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines...

Just so you all know I'm loving the new updates with regards to NCAA 12. I sure I'm preaching to the choir, but I would really like to see the chain gang on the sidelines. It only adds to the authenticity of a football game. I mean from pop warner to the pros chain gangs are always present no matter the community. I'm not saying I need them to come in and take measurements and all that jazz (for first downs), they can do a cut scene of that if need be. I just want them on the sidelines adding to the game. It takes away from the game to me when things like this are not present (especially when you see the markers in the actual preview videos as props). Here's to hoping they've just not been added as of yet and will before mid July.

TMAC

jagsfan82 04-24-2011 09:51 AM

Re: Here's to Wanting the Chain Gang on the Sidelines...

I too think that it looks funny without them on the sidelines. Maybe they have not added them because of the no huddle offenses, who knows.

Mr5000 04-24-2011 09:57 AM

god, not another one.

Exonerated 04-24-2011 09:59 AM

I personally guarantee chain gangs will be in next year.

No more threads please.

pirates946 04-24-2011 10:56 AM

Yeah they added so much stuff this year and when we see all the new features it will be very easy to say whats going to be in next year. No Gameday, but i can guarantee it will be in next year. same thing for the chain gang

JohnZapp 04-24-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirates946 (Post 2042336108)
Yeah they added so much stuff this year and when we see all the new features it will be very easy to say whats going to be in next year. No Gameday, but i can guarantee it will be in next year. same thing for the chain gang

there's not gonna be gameday this year?!?!?!?:y3:

tomymac23 04-24-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr5000 (Post 2042336026)
god, not another one.

I'm just saying I hope they are included in the final build. They have the lines in for the yard markers all it would seem to take is adding the men on each side of the field. Plus if its in Madden and they use the same engine doesn't seem to me to be anything that college does that's extremely different from NCAA. Once again I like the changes. I just know if you go to any football field where an organized football game is taking place in America you will see the chain gang (whether its the roughest ghetto to suburbia). I personally don't think this is too much to ask for...

I always thought American football consisted of the following as standards of play (correct me if I'm wrong);

A Football, Referees (flags), Coaches, Players, Formations, Plays, Rules, Chain Gangs, Goal Post, Yard Markers, End Zones, & Pylons...

All of these things are included with the exception of flags and chain gangs correct, or am I missing something.
TMAC

Kaiser Wilhelm 04-24-2011 01:15 PM

Nobody is going to buy the game solely based on the addition or lack there of chaingangs.

I personally do not look to the sidelines at all so I do not really get all these "the sidelines are ugly complaints.

My case for chain gang is this. There is no option to have the first down line displayed during replays. Conbine this with the fact that this game does some funky math every no and again, and it makes it difficult to see where the ball should be marked.

Last year, the spotting of the ball was simply aweful. Here's to hoping its better this year and that challenging the spot when the spot is wrong will acutally work.