Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A (ESPN The Gamer) (/forums/showthread.php?t=480060)

Molarmite 04-28-2011 06:31 AM

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A (ESPN The Gamer)

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer has interviewed Madden NFL 12 Producers Phil Frazier and Mike Scantlebury to get a feel for what fans should be looking for in the gameplay department come August 30.

Quote:

"The biggest difference gamers will notice right away, however, is the increased violence of every hit. With the old Pro-Tak tackling system, the game turned into gang tackles where groups of players ended up huddled together pushing a pile one way or another. But now that the new tackling system has more to do with momentum and point of impact, instead of watching a pile moving in boring fashion, now one defender might grab the ball carrier while the second defender charges in and cleans the pile out."

Source- Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A

Exonerated 04-28-2011 06:49 AM

Re: Madden 12 gameplay adds new tackling system, smarter defense (ESPN)

sick.

this game is gonna be off the hook lol.

CM Hooe 04-28-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Phil Frazier: You can have up to 400 plays and up to 75 individual sets in your custom playbook. You can also have up to eight custom playbooks saved. And with 400 plays, I don't think our fans and our community are going to have any problem filling out a playbook.

Mike Scantlebury: We added a new pump fake mechanic where you can actually pump fake towards a specific receiver. We think this is something the hardcore will utilize as it really ups the value of our double moves. Now you actually have a reason to call some of these double move routes like the post corner because when you pump fake towards a specific receiver, the defensive back is more likely to bite.

Phil Frazier: The way it worked before was more of a generic pump fake, but now you can actually direct where you're faking to throw the ball. So now you can pump fake one direction, then throw the ball to the other side of the field.

Another thing we added this year is the ability to adjust the shading of your defensive backs on receivers. Now you can play press on an individual receiver on a play as opposed to playing press on everybody. You can also have a defender shade inside or outside of the receiver depending on whether you press shade left or shade right. Or you can just back one guy off and give him extra space. We give you a lot of options, and while some of these might sound like small features, with our goal to be true to the game and true to the NFL, we want to make sure we're giving our "Madden" fans ultra-fine control over our defense this year. It has been a while since some of these features have been in our game and we're glad to finally have them back.
This is my happy face. :D

J-Unit40 04-28-2011 06:54 AM

And Madden comes back onto my radar again.

Looking very good this year EA. NCAA 12 and now Madden 12 too!

carnalnirvana 04-28-2011 06:58 AM

i am hoping an praying the cpu can benefit fram these changes, lets give them custom playbooks or let them actually pump fake....

i wish they would see things this way the AI needs these options too

Jd_Seven 04-28-2011 07:16 AM

lets see if this new tackling system works correctly, sounds impressive. How great does it look during gameplay?

jmurphy31 04-28-2011 07:47 AM

Glad to see defensive shading is in. I also thought Mike's answer about why it took so long to get zone coverage correct was funny.

One question though. Is pro-tak gone or modified?

die2cry 04-28-2011 08:11 AM

wow sounds amazing!!!! cant wait to see some videos......