Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A (ESPN The Gamer) (/forums/showthread.php?t=480060)

BlueNGold 04-28-2011 11:09 AM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Q&A (ESPN The Gamer)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDKing (Post 2042349933)
I'm trying to understand the new tackle button. So I can't dive anymore if I want to ? The computer will decide when to dive at the ball carrier and when not to ? Hmmm... not sure if I like that, why didn't they just leave the dive and map tackle to another button. So now its like my defensive line moves where the computer decides what type of move to pull off. :y11: I'm very interested to see how this is going to work. All the new changes and the stuff they added back into the game do all sound good though but we'll see.

This is me guessing here, but I'm sure you can still dive by pressing the tackle button. It's just now if you hold it down, instead of diving the defender will break down and attempt a wrap-up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only1LT (Post 2042349953)
The other question I have, is with this new tackle button, is the Hit Stick even in the game? Will the holding of the tackle button replace it?

Probably a good thing if it is gone as the stick could be used for other things, and it has inherent suction and morphing properties to it.

Haven't read all the blogs yet. Is the Hit Stick mentioned?

Also guessing here, but I'm assuming it's still in. The tackle button is only for wrap-up tackles and it isn't mapped to the right stick, so I don't see why the Hit Stick would be gone.

Unless of course the NFL intervened and told EA they don't want to see it because it promotes dangerous hits. That's entirely possible, as lame as it is.

bigsmallwood 04-28-2011 11:25 AM

I am going to wait and see these things in execution...I've heard the fancy words before about what was being done. I need video evidence to showcase Madden 12 as a much improved game.

Hova57 04-28-2011 11:32 AM

I believe they are going with an idea I posted here. Where the square button is a wrap tackle and hit stick is more of freestyle tackle think polamalu tackle flying to the ball attacking feet or upper body

TDKing 04-28-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueNGold (Post 2042349983)
This is me guessing here, but I'm sure you can still dive by pressing the tackle button. It's just now if you hold it down, instead of diving the defender will break down and attempt a wrap-up..

OK, if that's the case then I like it... tap to dive no matter where I am relative to the ball carrier and hold button to wrap up. I hope... thanks.

GiantBlue76 04-28-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2042349977)
For a minute there, I had to do a retake. I thought it looked like Roadman wrote that.

haha

As far as the comment goes about the different tackling button, this is something I actually really appreciate coming from this dev team. I've been VERY critical of this team's ability over the years. Not because I hate EA or Madden, but because the quality has been bad for so long (simply put). This is what I meant in a long post I wrote last year about innovating. You don't need to "invent" a bunch of "gimmicks" (like pro-tak). Take core football fundamentals and expand on them. There is no limit to what can be improved and innovated on. This is what is meant by innovating. Taking something that exists and making it better. Now, we have not seen any of this yet, and we have heard it all before, but at least this sounds very promising.

If both franchise modes get the same boosts that are being discussed and online franchise has all of the team management logic, we are in business.

kjcheezhead 04-28-2011 12:03 PM

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/04.gif); WIDTH: 37px; HEIGHT: 1px" width=37></TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/00.gif); WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 1px" width="100%">

</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/05.gif); WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 1px" width=18></TD></TR><TR><TD width=37></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/04.gif); WIDTH: 37px; HEIGHT: 1px" width=37></TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/00.gif); WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 1px" width="100%"></TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/vBulletin/images/quotes/05.gif); WIDTH: 18px; HEIGHT: 1px" width=18></TD></TR><TR><TD width=37></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:

Another thing we added this year is the ability to adjust the shading of your defensive backs on receivers. Now you can play press on an individual receiver on a play as opposed to playing press on everybody. You can also have a defender shade inside or outside of the receiver depending on whether you press shade left or shade right. Or you can just back one guy off and give him extra space

This is the best Madden news I've heard in years. Thank you football gods!!!

mrmass413 04-28-2011 12:38 PM

im hyped cant wait 2 see how it works

vision 04-28-2011 01:26 PM

"Jon Robinson: Zone coverage has been busted in the game for years. Why did it take so long to fix?

Mike Scantlebury: I was in the right position this year to make it a priority, sir."

Did he just call out Ian Cummings, or am I over thinking things here..:lol: