Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=480196)

NoTiCe_O 04-29-2011 01:32 AM

Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkWWz1tzrNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Franchise details start at roughly the 7:00 mark.
  • Expanded Rosters up to 75 people on a team. (includes training camp guys)
  • Cut day Feature
  • New Draft Logic
  • New FA bidding system
The Cut day feature stands out, it will be interesting to hear more about it.

Does the fact that the expanded roster includes training camp guys, mean an actual "training camp"?

May 16th is marked on my calendar.

mestevo 04-29-2011 01:43 AM

Re: Madden 12 Cover Event - Few Minor Details on Franchise mode

Minor details, hah. I'd be happy if that was all they added. I look forward to hearing aobut the rest of the changes/tweaks.

SeahawkNMD 04-29-2011 03:04 AM

Re: Madden 12 Cover Event - Few more Minor Details on Franchise mode

Donny may have just let this slip, those "small" franchise upgrades could go a long way to bringing a realistic feel.

CM Hooe 04-29-2011 03:25 AM

Nice! Looking forward to hearing how Cut Day works. 75-man preseason rosters is a WELCOME addition.

I do hope there's also a way to turn the display of the ratings off to go with Cut Day, but we'll see. Either way, the little bit we know already is significant progress in a direction we all have wanted Madden to take franchise mode in.

brza37 04-29-2011 03:37 AM

In Head Coach 09 you would slowly find out some of the ratings from your rookies and other player new to your team (free agents & traded players) during the course of training camp. You also had the OVR for all players but during TC it was just an estimate that your staff would make that would fluctuate a lot depending on your staff's ability, the amount of PT the player got in training camp and the amount of scouting you did on that player prior to drafting him.
The cut dates then came at the nfl scheduled dates on a tuesday after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pre-season games (i think). It actually made the preseason mean something. Hopefully that also means there will be some type of practice plan that we can control.
This game is sounding better and better. :59:

berad88 04-29-2011 05:34 AM

Sounds like preseason could finally be some fun.

ThisIsReality 04-29-2011 05:45 AM

Will it have realistic draft logic? Like the Raiders drafting for the fastest players available.

berad88 04-29-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsReality (Post 2042353559)
Will it have realistic draft logic? Like the Raiders drafting for the fastest players available.

I do not think there is any in depth information yet on the drafting other than the words that is has new logic. sounds promising though.