Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=480196)

NoTiCe_O 04-29-2011 01:32 AM

Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bkWWz1tzrNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Franchise details start at roughly the 7:00 mark.
  • Expanded Rosters up to 75 people on a team. (includes training camp guys)
  • Cut day Feature
  • New Draft Logic
  • New FA bidding system
The Cut day feature stands out, it will be interesting to hear more about it.

Does the fact that the expanded roster includes training camp guys, mean an actual "training camp"?

May 16th is marked on my calendar.

mestevo 04-29-2011 01:43 AM

Re: Madden 12 Cover Event - Few Minor Details on Franchise mode

Minor details, hah. I'd be happy if that was all they added. I look forward to hearing aobut the rest of the changes/tweaks.

SeahawkNMD 04-29-2011 03:04 AM

Re: Madden 12 Cover Event - Few more Minor Details on Franchise mode

Donny may have just let this slip, those "small" franchise upgrades could go a long way to bringing a realistic feel.

CM Hooe 04-29-2011 03:25 AM

Nice! Looking forward to hearing how Cut Day works. 75-man preseason rosters is a WELCOME addition.

I do hope there's also a way to turn the display of the ratings off to go with Cut Day, but we'll see. Either way, the little bit we know already is significant progress in a direction we all have wanted Madden to take franchise mode in.

brza37 04-29-2011 03:37 AM

In Head Coach 09 you would slowly find out some of the ratings from your rookies and other player new to your team (free agents & traded players) during the course of training camp. You also had the OVR for all players but during TC it was just an estimate that your staff would make that would fluctuate a lot depending on your staff's ability, the amount of PT the player got in training camp and the amount of scouting you did on that player prior to drafting him.
The cut dates then came at the nfl scheduled dates on a tuesday after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th pre-season games (i think). It actually made the preseason mean something. Hopefully that also means there will be some type of practice plan that we can control.
This game is sounding better and better. :59:

berad88 04-29-2011 05:34 AM

Sounds like preseason could finally be some fun.

ThisIsReality 04-29-2011 05:45 AM

Will it have realistic draft logic? Like the Raiders drafting for the fastest players available.

berad88 04-29-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsReality (Post 2042353559)
Will it have realistic draft logic? Like the Raiders drafting for the fastest players available.

I do not think there is any in depth information yet on the drafting other than the words that is has new logic. sounds promising though.

Cnada 04-29-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

I think management changes around way too much to implement this again..

General good draft logic is more than enough for me :)

jsin 04-29-2011 10:10 AM

This Madden is sounding more like 2005, when they had the radio show and position battles. These minor upgrades are big for franchise. I'm getting kind of excited. Can't wait till May 16.

Azcardinal32 04-29-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

since they said there will be 100 or so new features in franchise and so far everything they have mentioned was in HC09, I would assume that they would implement the team philosophies from HC09. Which is that every team can set their preferences for types of players at each position

which will really make franchise better because when you change the type of player you like the overall ratings for the players change according to that. So teams with a 3-4 will draft only players that fit their system. and teams like the raiders will have speed for most of their positions so you wont see them draft someone with low speed

kt-od 04-29-2011 12:03 PM

LOL at Prime Time calling the Cleveland Browns garbage!

But on topic. I do like were Franchise is headed.

kwpit79 04-29-2011 12:35 PM

Fingers are crossed this year for Franchise Mode! :y220:

I do have two main concerns this year (and I think I'm in the minority):

Here's hoping the developer-created rookies' potentials (or names) are somewhat randomized this year. I hate knowing who the good players are before I even scout them! Make me invest precious scouting points (or whatever they refer to it as) to find the gems in the draft. Also, randomizing potentials will keep both online and offline franchise modes from becoming stale.

Also, I hope they make drafting great players much more challenging this year. There were way too many A-potential players in Madden 11 (seemed even easier than '10 to draft A's in every round).

NoTiCe_O 04-29-2011 04:04 PM

I haven't been a franchise guy since the ps2 days, and i used to love it, mainly because i loved the gamelay.

I'm hoping madden 12 can bring that back! Offseason was always the best part. Glad to hear its gettin the proper treatment now

berad88 04-29-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O (Post 2042354866)
Offseason was always the best part.

So true. If I lost in the playoffs I did not even really care just because doing all the offseason stuff used to be so fun.

LiquorLogic 04-29-2011 04:53 PM

Yup, EA felt that 18% drop in sales. 75 man expanded rosters !:59:

PantherBeast_OS 04-29-2011 05:06 PM

Man this is just getting better and better. Franchise blog is coming out in about 2 weeks from now. These minor details are just getting me more and more excited for the franchise blog on May 16th. Can't hardly wait!!!:59:

Lodeus 04-29-2011 05:12 PM

Glad franchise mode got a lot of attention. Cant wait!

jeremym480 04-29-2011 05:12 PM

This all sounds fantastic. The only thing I'm concerned about is if expanded rosters means fake players. :y11:

Broncos86 04-29-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berad88 (Post 2042354985)
So true. If I lost in the playoffs I did not even really care just because doing all the offseason stuff used to be so fun.

Yeah, I agree. I'm an offseason nut. This all sounds great. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I'm trying not to hype this up too much in my head.

SeahawkNMD 04-29-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremym480 (Post 2042355065)
This all sounds fantastic. The only thing I'm concerned about is if expanded rosters means fake players. :y11:

I don't see why they would, they just have to expand the player pool there's plenty of those players out there. I hope imported draft classes get expanded so positions don't completely run out before the end of the draft and there is an opportunity to find some undrafted gems to fight their way onto the 53 man roster from the 75.

illwill10 04-29-2011 05:31 PM

Hopefully off season is improved. That is 80% of my franchise. Sometimes I hope I lose later in seasons so I could get a mid pick and trade alot. I like signing free agents. JUst like in NCAA Dynasty, Recruiting is 80% of my time. I like planning for the future.

NoTiCe_O 04-29-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2042355124)
Hopefully off season is improved. That is 80% of my franchise. Sometimes I hope I lose later in seasons so I could get a mid pick and trade alot. I like signing free agents. JUst like in NCAA Dynasty, Recruiting is 80% of my time. I like planning for the future.

Same here, i always start off with a young team tht needs rebulding or and old team tht has to start fresh, and let the rest unfold. Well when i actually enjoyed franchise tht was.

wheelman990 04-29-2011 07:26 PM

I really like P. Hellis. I'm proud to have him on our team. I admire any man who tried to bring good to this world.

Lexicon 04-29-2011 08:38 PM

Now this is the kind of news that gets me excited for Madden! Can't wait for May 16th. There definitely won't be a need for fake players. I control every team, and every draft, I feel like skipping the last 4 rounds because I never end up signing them due to roster restrictions. Good start to the Franchise news.

ch46647 04-29-2011 08:44 PM

Anybody think they will add "player roles" back into franchise mode this year?

canes21 04-29-2011 08:50 PM

I'm really hoping franchise turns out more like HC09. I want to draft a guy in the 6th round, not know much about his ratings, see him compete very well throughout preseason and training camps, then have him end up making the final cut and get solid playing time in the franchise because his rating progresses to a solid rating.

With the current system, which I think is downright terrible, that 6th round pick will come in with 25 awareness, never progress past a 55 overall, and will be cut by me and never be signed again.

H_Zilla 04-29-2011 09:56 PM

Maybe this means we will have a reason to play pre-season games.

I do miss the pre-season games from HC09 and finding out that late round pick I drafted just for depth was actually a quality player and trying to find a way to keep him on the roster.

With all these improvements it makes me wonder why they even made Madden 11, maybe it was so average becuase they were working so hard on Madden 12 and just got something on the shelf

rootofalleli 04-30-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos86 (Post 2042355112)
Yeah, I agree. I'm an offseason nut. This all sounds great. I'm really looking forward to all of this. I'm trying not to hype this up too much in my head.

Same here. This has been a good week in Madden, but a part of me is afraid to love again.

Dalsanto0026 04-30-2011 06:35 AM

Damn, EA waste money. How much would this event in the middle of Times Square cost?

Regardless, Madden 12 sounds promising.

jethrobag 04-30-2011 08:07 AM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode

i hope they get all the assistants with photos in the game this year. They took that out last year, and I was really hoping to hire Kevin Greene to run my D!

jmurphy31 04-30-2011 08:14 AM

Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Cover Event with a Few Minor Details on Franchise Mode

Cut day and expanded rosters are a much needed addition to this gen games. Preseason might actually matter which would be great. I wonder if they do use real players if a ton of old veterans stick around in the game (ie. Daunte Culpepper), will they havea ton of real unsigned rookies, or fake players. Hopefully not the first

Smoke6 04-30-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremym480 (Post 2042355065)

I'm taking it as the guys you drafted or picked up as free agents, you sign them to your practice squad and can call them up anytime you need them. I can hoe cant I?

News is good lately, 2 more weeks until that big impact news hits and this sound like its heading into the right direction already.

mikemulloy 04-30-2011 11:17 AM

how bout a bettter draft system like nba2k11's with custom draft classes

Bootzilla 04-30-2011 11:49 AM

Sounds promising. What we really need is to change the position requirements for the final 53. OL, DL, DB, makes more sense than requiring a certain amount of tackles or a back up at both safety positions. At the very least we should be able to have a secondary position i.e. DE/OLB or H-back/TE/FB. This will enable your roster to be more realistic and flexible.

blklightning 04-30-2011 11:52 AM

that's too long to watch for me. but if this is just their teaser info, then i am looking forward to learning of the other improvements. and the 75 man roster ...it's about damn time.

NoTiCe_O 04-30-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026 (Post 2042356893)
Damn, EA waste money. How much would this event in the middle of Times Square cost?

Regardless, Madden 12 sounds promising.

I think EA realizes where Madden is right now, and they pulled out the big budget to get it back to where its supposed to be. Hiring all those camera men and cinematographers couldn't have been chea either.

As long as they get madden up to par again idc how much they send, Franchise lookin good. I can't wait to see whats u with the inline cause madden usually has very playable servers

Skyboxer 04-30-2011 12:06 PM

Just wish the ratings system would get an overhaul. There's been
many discussions about it as far as removing ratings all together etc...or making then not visa le except for 40 times, strength etc..
Something fresh is needed IMO. Despite having expanded rosters if Madden AI simply takes the highest rated players whats the benefit of training camp other than the ability to raise a players ratings etc...

I wish it was more 'what you showed' instead of what you're rated.
It's a start though. :)

TreFacTor 04-30-2011 12:33 PM

My issues with franchise mode (next gen) was that I could go undefeated, not resign any high priced FA, pick the fastest players at each position (without scouting), skip straight to the regular season because pre season meant nothing...wash rince repeat. Franchise mode became little more than 18 games and a draft. These are steps in the right direction but i wish it would have come in M09 rather than M12.

da ThRONe 04-30-2011 12:39 PM

Hopefully this means 8 men practice squad as well.