Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 (/forums/showthread.php?t=486230)

Steve_OS 05-26-2011 08:13 AM

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Kotaku's Owen Good chimes in with some of his thoughts surrounding the latest micro-transactions to make their way into NCAA Football 12.

Quote:

There may not be any optimal time to tell gamers about all the microtransactions and DLC for which they can expect to pay extra in an upcoming release. But the official reveal of a game's main features -- the stuff folks expect to come with the $59.99 retail price -- would probably be the least optimal.

NDAlum 05-26-2011 08:18 AM

Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

I support the extra charges due to many factors. They are very reasonably priced.

Dame 05-26-2011 08:24 AM

I'm with ND i have no problem with the charge but do understand the other side how people may be upset with the charge

walshcav 05-26-2011 08:33 AM

I'm one of those people that is a little upset about this.

If it's like in years past I really won't care at all. I mean I don't need the recruiting adviser and other crap like that.

But if it's something that has been revealed that SHOULD already be in the game, then it's EA Sports taking advantage of their fan base.

CHIEFxxROCKEM 05-26-2011 08:34 AM

"Few things fire up a community like a developer taking its suggestions seriously and bringing them to a game. To turn around and charge for that sends a pretty bad message."

He is right about this.

Dirt DiverX 05-26-2011 08:38 AM

I have no problem with them charging for the capability to advance the dynasty or play your dynasty from a PC. These are added option features essentially making it a PC/ console game. What I do have a problem with is how they handled Tiger Woods 2011: The Masters.

Hova57 05-26-2011 09:44 AM

I'm at the point that I accept every game that comes out usually have some type of DLC. Its up to the consumer whether they would like to pay or not. I've paid for some and haven't others. This is going to be the way for a while till we get to the point that we don't buy discs and the digital info is downloaded and we pay for that.

kt-od 05-26-2011 10:12 AM

I have no problem with them charging for this. I think what I do have a problem with is calling it a "new feature" and charging for it.

IMO, it should have been announced as DLC besides a new feature.