Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Signature Gathers (/forums/showthread.php?t=489863)

The 24th Letter 06-23-2011 12:35 AM

Signature Gathers

First of all signature gathers are AWESOME. One of my favorite additions to 2k11.

We can all agree though, that they need work.

The transition from gather to shot is just plain jerky for some players..

What would you guys suggest as a solution?

Do you think 2k can make the transition completely smooth in 2k12?

My suggestion is you make the signature gather a shot in itself with a release point. When you press Y, the sequence begins, but you still need to release at the proper time to be succesful.

What do you guys think?

richmo 06-23-2011 02:07 AM

Re: Signature Gathers

I agree. A lot of the gathers, much like some post moves, have a bit of a pump fake at the end which helps add to the jerkiness. I'd like to see more "regular" type gathers, as most of them involve some sort of spin. I'd also like them to build off of this, and have "signature dribbles" where you can mix them in with your freestyle dribbles and create a nice flow. I understand we already have size-ups, but this would be more like 1 single go-to dribble move that we can use to break into a drive, pull up, etc.

AllStarDaDon 06-23-2011 05:08 AM

I really like the idea of having the signature gather as a shooting button that we hold down, good thinking. That definitely should make the transition more smoove.

The 24th Letter 06-23-2011 07:31 AM

yeah thats what im thinking man.....

you look at Rose or Lebrons gathers, why would you do those moves and not put a shot up?

I say just make it another shoot button all together

Only thing is, where would you put hop steps, spins etc.

DakkoN 06-23-2011 07:51 AM

Don't like the idea of having it as a shot except for certain ones because it messes up the mind games you sometimes need to play to keep from being too predictable and easily having your shot blocked, which is a huge problem with the 2K series having the exact same jump shot animations every single time. I do wish that all of them wouldn't require you to pick up your dribble, like the CP3 one is just a signature dribble move..

Da_Czar 06-23-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2042515758)
First of all signature gathers are AWESOME. One of my favorite additions to 2k11.

We can all agree though, that they need work.

The transition from gather to shot is just plain jerky for some players..

What would you guys suggest as a solution?

Do you think 2k can make the transition completely smooth in 2k12?

My suggestion is you make the signature gather a shot in itself with a release point. When you press Y, the sequence begins, but you still need to release at the proper time to be succesful.

What do you guys think?

I like the suggestion. I do have a question though. Where do you guys stand on the jerkiness vs control argument ? What I mean is what if you can have either ultimate smooth look OR a bit of jerkiness but more control ?

richmo 06-23-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakkoN (Post 2042516208)
Don't like the idea of having it as a shot except for certain ones because it messes up the mind games you sometimes need to play to keep from being too predictable and easily having your shot blocked, which is a huge problem with the 2K series having the exact same jump shot animations every single time. I do wish that all of them wouldn't require you to pick up your dribble, like the CP3 one is just a signature dribble move..

Exactly. you see me winding this move up and the shot is easily contested. Would be nice to have an option.

DemiGodzillla 06-23-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakkoN (Post 2042516208)

That, half of the gathers aren't even "gathers" they're just another cross over/iso moves that you can't use like one, which basically renders the better ones useless.