Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My PS3 keeps shutting itself off... (/forums/showthread.php?t=493224)

jdrhammer 07-12-2011 06:06 PM

My PS3 keeps shutting itself off...

every little while. It just started this today after I put in 12. Now it does it every 5-10 minutes. I haven't played it in a while and only used it 2 hrs or so this afteroon. It's a refurb and the red light blinks after it shuts off.

Any ideas???

Scott 07-12-2011 06:09 PM

Re: My PS3 keeps shutting itself off...

Hate to say this, but it's on its last leg.

bcruise 07-12-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2042588268)
every little while. It just started this today after I put in 12. Now it does it every 5-10 minutes. I haven't played it in a while and only used it 2 hrs or so this afteroon. It's a refurb and the red light blinks after it shuts off.

Any ideas???

This would be better asked in the Console forum, but it sounds like exactly the way my first PS3 (a 60 GB) kicked the bucket. Which model is yours? If it's a fat one I would be backing my stuff up ASAP.

It's not likely to be the game's fault, if that's what you're worrying about.

happymadison 07-12-2011 06:16 PM

that's how mine started acting before it finally went dead, and of course it would happen the day ncaa 12 came out....i am so sorry:brickwall

AbsoluteFury 07-12-2011 07:13 PM

Make sure you have it at least a foot away from any obstructions. It could be overheating and not getting enough airflow. Does it feel hot when it turns itself off?

jkra0512 07-12-2011 07:18 PM

Well, if it's shutting off at 5-10 minutes later after you start playing, you might want to look into trading it at a GameStop-type store before if really goes kerplat! That is if you have the extra cash to spare.

Earl1963 07-12-2011 07:21 PM

Rest in Peace, PS3

jdrhammer 07-12-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury (Post 2042588651)
Make sure you have it at least a foot away from any obstructions. It could be overheating and not getting enough airflow. Does it feel hot when it turns itself off?

It was in a smaller area but I moved it into the open. It was really warm, and the air was too.

It's the fat, loud one, and it's a refurb I've had for around a year & a half.

After it began shutting down after a few minutes, I looked online on the ps3 and it was fine for over an hr & didn't shut off. Then I tried the game and it lasted for 45 mins or so before shutting down again. I've hardly played it for months but we watched a few movies recently.

Thanks guys!