Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows (/forums/showthread.php?t=495451)

fsquid 07-18-2011 10:44 PM

Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows

A few media folks who follow the sport are reporting via twitter than the A&M board of regents are meeting regarding A&M to the SEC. My question is who goes with them and does Texas go Indy?

Jr. 07-18-2011 10:46 PM

Re: A&M to the SEC starting to blow up again on Twitter

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsquid (Post 2042621152)
A few media folks who follow the sport are reporting via twitter than the A&M board of regents are meeting regarding A&M to the SEC. My question is who goes with them and does Texas go Indy?

And it starts again.. I love it

Sportsbuck 07-18-2011 11:02 PM

Hope this happens, then we'll have a bowl victory over a team in the SEC again.

TheGamingChef 07-18-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

COLLEGE STATION – The Longhorn Network, more than a month before its scheduled start, already has at least one rapt audience: rival Texas A&M.

A&M has added a closed-door session concerning the Longhorn Network to its regents’ regularly-scheduled meeting on Thursday and Friday, a person with knowledge of the situation said Monday. The agenda item is dubbed “Big 12 Conference.”

The execution session will be informational only, including concerning UT’s plans to air a Big 12 football game on the ESPN-owned network, and to potentially air high school games, the insider said. No action will be taken, the person added, the regents will simply be informed of the latest by lawyers concerning the deep-pocketed network.

The insider said A&M is committed, for now, to making a 10-team Big 12 work, and that the threat of a potential move to the Southeastern Conference is not in the immediate future. The Aggies nearly bolted the Big 12 for the SEC last summer, after Nebraska left for the Big Ten and Colorado for the Pac-12, before last-hour financial pledges for the remaining members by Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe kept the league intact.
Link

Husker_OS 07-18-2011 11:47 PM

Not. Going. To Happen. Ever.

Watson 07-19-2011 12:42 AM

4 letters: MDWM.

Spoiler

tHurley2010 07-19-2011 10:48 AM

I don't know. The only reason aTm stayed was because the blue haired people wanted to remain in the Big XII. And because most of the blue hairs are the biggest boosters for the university, the AD listened to them. Now it seems that the blue hairs are so upset at the new ESPN8: The Bevo that they are aligning themselves more with the under-40s who wanted to move to tSEC when expansion talks surfaced last year.

Watch out Iowa State, Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas, and Baylor; looks like your BCS ties may be cut.

Nebraska is looking more and more like they made the smart move last year by going to the B1G

Wildcats302 07-19-2011 11:51 AM

So, Iowa State fan...how will you feel if your teams game against Texas is on that stupid Longhorn network? That will really have a fair and "neutral" feel to it commentator wise, conference wise, etc.

A&M absolutely should leave for the SEC. Texas has a monopoly on the Big XII and I'm stunned Oklahoma(the more prestigious and historical program) is taking it like they are.

A&M moving to the SEC would work well for them. They have a rival in Arkansas already in the division they'd be in. Then the SEC could add a 14th team and move to 9 conference games...more money, more awesome matchups, etc. You'd play 6 division, 1 protected rival and 2 other division opponents a year over a 6 year period and then rinse and repeat. I know, cause I'm doing it on NCAA 12 and love the set up.

I'd just have no idea who the SEC would add to put in the East. Then again, they could add another Big XII team like Missouri, but then I have no clue how they'd decide who goes East. That said, I bet none of this happens but its fun to speculate :)