Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC Undisputed 3 Video - First Gameplay (Taken Down) (/forums/showthread.php?t=496803)

nyj721 07-23-2011 04:27 PM

UFC Undisputed 3 Video - First Gameplay (Taken Down)

Check out the new UFC Undisputed 3 video, featuring the first glimpse of gameplay.

*UPDATE: Apologies. THQ asked if we could remove the video. We'll try to get some goodies soon though.

aholbert32 07-23-2011 04:49 PM

Re: UFC Undisputed 3 gameplay

What I Like-

Improved Player models
Love the way Jones fell after the KO (didn't seem canned)
Loved that Rampage could have landed more blows before the ref jumped in.
Love the swaying when you get rocked.
You can move people on the ground toward the cage and use the cage
New ref
Buffer announces if you are a former UFC champ.
New Octagon ads
Cuts look better
Looks like we have some camera options this year.

What I hate\

- WAAYYYY too fast. I hate the speed and its not realistic at all. I hope this is a arcade mode or lower difficulty.

- Same CPU AI with them constantly moving forward and using little strategy. Especially with Jones. (Assuming this is CPU v. Cpu)

- Way too many reversals. Ive never seen Rampage do anything like that in real life. I'll withhold judgment because I saw the same in the early EA MMA videos and that game is far from a reversal fest.

redsrule 07-23-2011 05:03 PM

Looked alright. Guessing it is a leak though.

nyj721 07-23-2011 05:20 PM

Yeah I'm also going to assume this is CPU vs CPU on the new Ultimate difficulty with how many reversals were done. No way a human would be able to do all that without auto transition block. Also not only is the AI still too aggressive, I don't think there were more than 2 jabs thrown the whole fight. Both guys were just throwing bombs which is disturbingly similar to last year.

Long way until release day though so I'm not worried, I just hope THQ doesn't think think that is realistic AI.

Iadf 07-23-2011 06:07 PM

Yea the graphics are polished though the gameplay looks the same.

JoeMimic 07-23-2011 07:19 PM

Definitely on a higher level, those stupid kick a guy off you and they land on his back only seemed to happen on the higher levels last year. How often does that really even happen? The game for the most part seems to play exactly the same, no real strategy to be found. How many punches did Jon Jones not even attempt to block? I'm hoping we get some sliders this year for some things but I'm not going to hold my breath.

mbergh22 07-23-2011 07:22 PM

Man I was hoping for new play by play lines.

Gotmadskillzson 07-23-2011 08:10 PM

Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - First Gameplay

They need to get rid of that push off with the foot to the gut reverese thing. Very few people in MMA are even strong enough to do it.

What they need to add is SWEEPS from the bottom. Not that.....

Lack of stamnia loss.......looks like once again you will be able to spam the punch bottom and KO people.

Didn't see nearly enough damage to the faces. With the amount of clean shots that landed, I expected to see some facial swelling.

CPU AI is still too robotic and not playing to that fighter's style. All this come forward and swing for the fences game play is getting STALE and it isn't MMA.

Need a huge strategy injection into this series. No way would a wrestler like Jones would try to stand and bang with a slugger like Rampage.

I am tired of MMA games with that slugfest mentality.