Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 12 - Player Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=508004)

ChaseB 09-06-2011 09:43 AM

NHL 12 - Player Ratings

These videos are also available on the OS YouTube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Donovan 09-06-2011 09:59 AM

Re: NHL 12 - Player Ratings

Man these are crap. Nearly everyone on the Oilers, the last place team, are above 80. Basically everyone but goons are 80, and even the goons are high 70s.

Time for a change EA. I would be all for the ratings that are extremely wide apart (cant think of any specific games I've played that have this, but recall it in a couple basketball games). Make the 4th line guys as low as 50-60 overall, and only the absolute best above 90. CHL players could be in the 20s and 30s, but have drastic improvements from year to year.

Whats the point of a 1-99 scale when every player is above 60? Madden is just as bad.

Sigh.

adayinthelife 09-06-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donovan (Post 2042816076)
Man these are crap. Nearly everyone on the Oilers, the last place team, are above 80. Basically everyone but goons are 80, and even the goons are high 70s.

Time for a change EA. I would be all for the ratings that are extremely wide apart (cant think of any specific games I've played that have this, but recall it in a couple basketball games). Make the 4th line guys as low as 50-60 overall, and only the absolute best above 90. CHL players could be in the 20s and 30s, but have drastic improvements from year to year.

Whats the point of a 1-99 scale when every player is above 60? Madden is just as bad.

Sigh.

I hear ya. I wouldn't say Madden is just as bad though, there's a wider scale in that game it seems. No, it's not as wide as I'd like it, but it beats this one by far.

Donovan 09-06-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adayinthelife (Post 2042816089)
I hear ya. I wouldn't say Madden is just as bad though, there's a wider scale in that game it seems. No, it's not as wide as I'd like it, but it beats this one by far.

You're right about Madden, I only got 12 couple days ago and haven't had a Madden since 10.

Anyway, just horrible. Would be nice to see a title like NHL, who have been on the forefront of improvement among EA sports titles, continue to be a step ahead and do a revamped player rating that totally goes in another direction, ANY DIRECTION!
Look at Football Manager or the sports sims for a cue on how to spread player ratings.

adayinthelife 09-06-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donovan (Post 2042816107)
You're right about Madden, I only got 12 couple days ago and haven't had a Madden since 10.

Anyway, just horrible. Would be nice to see a title like NHL, who have been on the forefront of improvement among EA sports titles, continue to be a step ahead and do a revamped player rating that totally goes in another direction, ANY DIRECTION!
Look at Football Manager or the sports sims for a cue on how to spread player ratings.

Hell, look at NHL 94 with some players being rated in the 40's...

JsMcbain 09-06-2011 11:41 AM

If I remeber well in NHLPA '93 all the ratings were in the book and Shawn Chambers was rated 3.... THREE!!!

JsMcbain 09-06-2011 11:42 AM

http://nhlpa93.nhl94.com/teams/tb.php

LOL even worst.... ONE overall

SGMRock 09-06-2011 12:25 PM

I hope those rosters have an update very soon. Lots of players out of place on there and the rating seem the exact same as last year.