Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Boxing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather (/forums/showthread.php?t=512206)

The Bad Man 09-22-2011 08:27 AM

Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

first off im a fan of both fighters. i love their styles. theyre like video game characters for me. one is greatly known for his defense and the other is greatly known for his offense. as a fan and a one time boxer, i wanna watch the two slug it out in the ring right before my very eyes. just let em fight and i can rest in peace :spit:

video showing pacquiao after the defeat against morales...

<object width="560" height="315"></object>

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sc8mkFXiMI?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

after pac beats hatton in their fight, floyd sr., hatton's trainer accuses pac of using 'something' video...

<object width="420" height="315"></object>

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRH6Ehf32bo?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

floyd says manny's on steroids (which caused manny to sue him) ...

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRvZRpzkmUg?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

pacquiao agrees to testing and wants floyd fight video...

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ku4jfLKD0Mg?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

mayweather calling pacquiao, says pacquiao is next after ortiz...

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uVKueo1UN7Q?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

pacquiao speaks about mayweather's fight with ortiz...

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i68eTG2k3MU?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

just a great video of the two imo

<embed height="315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CE10qoesgf0?version=3&hl=en_US" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">

Updates:
- Boxing Fans Await Floyd Mayweather's Decision on 'Winner Takes All' Proposal: Read article
- Mayweather Targets May 5, 2012 Fight (ESPN): Watch video
- 1/19/2012: Floyd Confident He'd Win, Says Manny Makes Too Many Mistakes Read article

is this super fight gonna happen? let the answer be a resounding yes!!! c'mon sons!!!

official website of "pac-man" manny pacquiao: www.mp8.ph
official floyd "money" mayweather homepage: www.floydmayweather.com

Sausage 09-22-2011 10:32 AM

Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Today it is 50/50. Mayweather's defense and pinpoint timing. Pacquaio's ability to land hard punches from different angles and underrated defense.

I believe there styles would mesh into a true back and forth dream match. Mayweather at times will figure him out and then Pacman changes it up as well. Mayweather will get hit, but will land his pin-point counters and will open similar to Ortiz.

Win, lose, or draw both men will be remembered in a higher light. Mayweather will always be hated for his "heel" WWE antics and Pacquaio will always be loved for his baby "face" WWE antics.

I don't believe they will ever fight and maybe that's what both want. They will be remembered as the two of the best of there era, but never forgotten, because they never fought. So, for as long as boxing is around they will always be discussed.

100% Texan 09-22-2011 10:55 AM

mayweather by decision.

manny is one of the most dynamic punchers the boxing world has ever seen, but he will go up against one the greatest defensive fighters and accurate punchers of all time.

i don't think manny will be able to get to floyd consistently, not to mention manny doesn't really face many fighters that move around and use their head.

i can see manny hitting floyd with something spicy to make his knees buckle like what shane mosley hit him with.

but ultimately i think floyd will win the compubox battle, land more consistent effective punches, utilize the shoulder roll on the ropes, and get the UD.

justblaze09 09-22-2011 10:55 AM

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships.

I'm just saying.

game20ver 09-22-2011 11:29 AM

Floyd Mayweather wins 11 round TKO. This will be a one sided beat down by Money. Floyd can beat Pacquiao anyway he wants inside or outside & will dominate! Pacquiao won't get by Mayweather's jab if he chooses to fight on the outside & when he does Floyd will throw a right hand, and use his reach advantage stalling Pacquiao's offense like we've never seen before. If he choses to fight inside Pacquiao has his best chance but Floyds defense in the pocket is too good & Pacquiao's defense in almost non existent so he will eat a lot of counter punches on the inside, Pacquiao will get in his some good shots due to his speed but eventually Floyd will break Manny down this way as well.

Bamtino 09-22-2011 12:36 PM

I used to side with Mayweather by UD but i saw somethings on a replay of that Ortiz fight i really did not like. Mayweather won all four rounds but i saw somethings that Pacquiao would feast on. For starters i did not like how Mayweather allowed himself to be pinned on the ropes so easily like that. He cannot under any circumstances allow Pacquiao to pin him like that.

Granted Ortiz didn't land many punches in the fight but the fact he was able to land a couple straight lefts cleanly is troublesome. Why is this so troublesome? because that's Pacquiao's money punch. Pacquiao loves to throw that lead left from unorthodox angles and he's a lot more explosive than Ortiz.

Ortiz was not only able to land with a clean lead left in that fourth round but he was also able to follow it up with a right. I can't see Mayweather catching a two piece like that from Pacquiao and still be standing. To add to that, some of those flurries were slipping through Mayweather's guard.

It was obvious to me that Mayweather has slowed down a bit. He's a lot more flat footed than he used to be. That said i still think he would edge out Pacquiao by decision. Pacquiao's numerous defensive flaws leave him wide open for Mayweathers pot shotting. If Mayweather can keep the fight in the center of the ring he'll dominate Pacquiao just like Marquez did.

game20ver 09-22-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamtino (Post 2042889994)
I used to side with Mayweather by UD but i saw somethings on a replay of that Ortiz fight i really did not like. Mayweather won all four rounds but i saw somethings that Pacquiao would feast on. For starters i did not like how Mayweather allowed himself to be pinned on the ropes so easily like that. He cannot under any circumstances allow Pacquiao to pin him like that.

Granted Ortiz didn't land many punches in the fight but the fact he was able to land a couple straight lefts cleanly is troublesome. Why is this so troublesome? because that's Pacquiao's money punch. Pacquiao loves to throw that lead left from unorthodox angles and he's a lot more explosive than Ortiz.

Ortiz was not only able to land with a clean lead left in that fourth round but he was also able to follow it up with a right. I can't see Mayweather catching a two piece like that from Pacquiao and still be standing. To add to that, some of those flurries were slipping through Mayweather's guard.

It was obvious to me that Mayweather has slowed down a bit. He's a lot more flat footed than he used to be. That said i still think he would edge out Pacquiao by decision. Pacquiao's numerous defensive flaws leave him wide open for Mayweathers pot shotting. If Mayweather can keep the fight in the center of the ring he'll dominate Pacquiao just like Marquez did.

I agree with you Mayweather has slowed down a bit, he seems to have lost a step overall but with age & the 16 month layoff factoring in, it's to be expected. However, I disagree with you about Floyd allowing himself to be pinned on the ropes. Ortiz only got him on the ropes when Floyd like you said allowed it, he went there looking for the check hook. Pacquiao in my opinion does not cut off the ring effectively enough to pin Floyd. Even if Floyd were to allow himself against the ropes, Floyd is comfortable on the ropes & I think Freddie Roach would instruct Pacquiao to kill Floyd's body in that situation so Floyd would just rip Pacquiao with uppercuts. I honestly can't see Pacquiao's offense being effective in this fight, I would only give him a punchers chance against Floyd. I still see Floyd dominating.

SdotThaDon 09-22-2011 07:21 PM

I thought before that Floyd would run away with a Ud against Pacman, but I think it's closer to a 50/50. If Floyd fights the way he fought Ortiz, he gets knocked out vs Manny. He was more offensive than we've seen him in years, throwing four and five punch combinations and actually sitting on his punches a bit. He also let more punches through than I expected, maybe the pressure bothered him a bit. Manny would fight a similar fight, but faster, with sharper punching, and a better motor. BUT...we know he won't fight Pac the same way, he respects him more than Ortiz. Against Marquez, Manny was at the buffet eating straight rights. Money's best punch, straight right hand lead. Faster and more powerful than Marquez's, so there are things for both guys to ride to a W. Gun to my head though, Floyd UD.