Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=514118)

AirTeezy 09-30-2011 09:12 PM

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

i know its a little early but alot of people have the game early...

RedSceptile 09-30-2011 10:07 PM

Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

I'll wait until after I'm out of bootcamp to do this so hopefully lockout is over by then and I can play with rookies! If not screw it I'll make one anyways.

shmitty 10-01-2011 03:34 AM

Got my copy today n jumped rt into my player. 6'3 all around PG, drafted to the 76ers. I tried to start rt out on superstar/sim because I didn't want it to be too easy, I wanted to actually feel like a rookie. But I probably won't b able to do that until I learn the ins n outs of just playing this game in general.

Teammates still aren't that aggressive but it could just b my team. I can tell that the substitution n lineup problems from last yr will still b there. I played the wolves n
they were playing milic, Randolph, love, Beasley and Wes johnson. I lost to them by about 25. Still had fun. My most exciting play was actually drawing a charge on a fast break...it never worked last yr and I was pretty pumped when I pulled it off.

One thing I noticed and maybe they can look into it...while doing the training camp u have a session with ray and Larry bird focusing on off ball movement. Its really fun and while I was going thru the drills I thought it would b ideal for my player but I couldn't pull of any of those moves. For most of the moves u hold the rt trigger but in my player that still controls the camera. Hopefully I can figure it out because that would really add to the game and open up the offense a little more.

TrapStar215 10-04-2011 01:37 PM

I figured I'll share this.

Misterd 10-04-2011 01:41 PM

Made an all around SG, got drafted to the wizards. Only got about 6 minutes of play time total but I hit a jumper and got a 3 point play on a fast break. Loving it.

ADG24 10-04-2011 01:53 PM

ADG24's NBA 2K12 My Player

Name: Andre Carter
Number: #8
Position: SG
SG Type: Athletic
Height: 6'6
Weight: 210 lbs
Drafted by: Utah Jazz

Storyline:

During the Creation process of My Player I decided to create a player that would be known for his highlights during his first couple of years in the NBA, so I decided to create an athletic shooting guard... think of Andre as the second coming of Vince Carter :)

Heading into the Draft I made it clear to the GM's and Scouts that interviewed me that I wanted to play for a team where I could get playing time right away and win games... and to my surprise the team that ended up drafting me was the Utah Jazz. At first I was hesitant about playing for the Jazz, but once I took a look at their roster I realized that it was not going to be all that bad... their starting SG is currently Raja Bell who is rated only five points higher than me. Once I heard that the Jazz drafted me, the first thing that came to my mind was "when can I request a trade?" but I feel good about the situation that I am in and the posibility of helping this team reach the Playoffs during my rookie year.

I will keep you guys up to date as my career progresses... First game tonight!

coffee'n'doughnuts 10-04-2011 02:00 PM

Do any of you guys know whether MPs get recognition for great stats in halftime report? Last year you could score 50pts and still get blanked at half time, totaly lame

GoBigBlue1 10-04-2011 02:04 PM

Can any of you guys post the starting attributes for Power Forwards and Centers for each playstyle (athletic, all-around, etc.) in MyPlayer?

Thanks