Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How to win games at NBA 2k12? (/forums/showthread.php?t=516269)

kchui1028 10-08-2011 11:55 PM

How to win games at NBA 2k12?

I want to start a thread that will hopefully serve as a future guide for people when more people post their experience in this game.

Let me just say this.. WOOOHOOOOOOO I just had my first BLEW OUT game against the Celtics with my Lakers team 55-35 in a 5 min. quarter Pro/Sim setting.

How i managed to do it after much complaining about this year nba 2k12.

First of all, Play to the advantage of your team and disadvantage of the other team. Set your defense setting on the very first defense.
For my Lakers, i know it's more haunting to leave Ray and Paul open for 3ss then to tackle driving basket from them and the post with KG. So i set my defense to "Lock Down Paint" early on and try to stay on top of shooters like Ray and Paul, and sag off against Rondo and KG... once i have a considerable lead, i changed it to "Pressure Shooters" and and sag off a bit to prepare for drives.

I try to play good basketball early on following a few plays and fast pick & roll
drive to the basket and got a 5 points lead. Now i feel it's very important to try to keep and build on this lead and momentum that i have. Instead of start trying 3ss with fisher or artest, i went into a trance in defense and keep pounding the ball inside. NOW THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT..
DON'T TRY TO DRIVE ALL THE WAY TO BASKET UNLESS YOU'RE ON A FASTBREAK OR THERE'S JUST ONE DEFENDER iN THE PAINT! Instead, in my case with Kobe, I do pick and roll or play and drive Kobe to the paint and hold for a sec, now i can see 2+ defenders crowding me, i do a pumpfake, and shoot and hold LT, instant foul, shot count and ONE, Same with Postup games, Post up->Spin move to the basketball, hold a sec, PUMPFAKE 2-3 times to get 1 AI player to try to contest, then RS and LT to get "AND ONE". For Kobe, postup then fadeaway is a killer as well.

Take advantage of your player when he's ON FIRE! Start driving to the basket and Pull up jumpshots with him, still.. make sure you take the best possible shot.

Only take 3 pointers or Pull up jumpshots(you will never make a shot if you pull up a midrange in front of a defender even if he doesn't contest) Only if you have a good PACING between your defender and just pay attention the the release and shoot. Noted Pull up jumpers are always harder to go in then Spot ups.

I also try to disrupt their offense and defense by never rushing to go on high tempo unless it's a rebound and fast break situation, keep your opponent on the toe and take it easy with every single possession, make sure you get the very best shot you can take every single time.

Contest most spot up shooting and ONLY KEEP YOUR HANDS UP on leaner/out of balance shots and drive, NEVER TRY TO JUMP TO CONTEST A DRIVE, YOU WILL GET FOULED! Most of the time their drive to the basket will not go in if you have your position right in the paint area!!

THE BEST DISRUPT IS AI TURNOVERS!! Try to steal the ball when you see AI players start forcing their way drive in front of your player, or when they crossover too close to your player, most of the time they will lose the ball. Once you got the ball, start driving the ball up court full speed and if you see
1-2 AI in the paint, drive right up to them to get fouled or AND ONE!, if there's more, slow down and make a play.

I use my Timeout when AI scored 3 times in a row and I got nothing, that will kill their run momentum so you can get back on building your lead.

The crazy AI Clutch Fourth quarter, Like before, make sure you never panic and contest every shot. FOCUS ON EVERY POSSESSION, DEFENSE OR OFFENSE AND NOT THE SCORE. Pretty soon you will find yourself with a 15+ lead ahead of the game.

kchui1028 10-09-2011 12:14 AM

Re: How to win games at NBA 2k12?

I'd love to see if anyone else have more tips on winning games at a higher level.

KingKongBundy 10-09-2011 12:15 AM

Score MORE points than the cpu/opponent.

You're welcome.

kchui1028 10-09-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKongBundy (Post 2042961464)
Score MORE points than the cpu/opponent.

You're welcome.

That's helpful..

btownbrawler 10-09-2011 12:43 AM

good job....me and my warriors just lost game 2 of the first round in oklahoma city..get this,168-121....myplayer all star sim 10min !!!!!!.....they shot 78% from downtown and 82% for the game...absolutely reeeeeeediculous.....i wanna cry

jin192 10-09-2011 12:47 AM

imo, pro/allstar sim is the most realistic as it gets without the ai doing those weird cheese

anything superstar or HOF it just becomes a 3 point shootout

kchui1028 10-09-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btownbrawler (Post 2042961576)
absolutely reeeeeeediculous.....i wanna cry

haha i share your sentiment, just gotta man up and learn the game, i can't even imagine when or if i can ever win a game on HOF.. interestingly, i did win a game on superstar level the first time i played on nba 2k12, i use Dallas against Lakers, behind by 7 with barely 1 min left, shot 3 with dirk, good defense, shot another 3 with dirk again, then with 10 secs left, shot a dagger 3 with JASON TERRY THE JET! MR.4TH QUARTER!!!.. with 2 secs left Lakers got backcourt foul and I WON HAHA IT WAS CLASSIC MAVERICK!

btownbrawler 10-09-2011 12:52 AM

hhahaha yea mang im nowhere near good enough for HOF in 12....too be honest pro is pretty damn tough too...but i play all star until the patch then i will start my real player....its fun but the cpu 3balls and the fouls they get are enough to drive ya insane