Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community (/forums/showthread.php?t=516887)

bluengold34_OS 10-11-2011 10:36 AM

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

Today is the day! Post your Forza Motorsport 4 impressions here.

seasprite 10-11-2011 11:27 AM

Re: Forza 4 Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS (Post 2042971055)
Well, it is that time already, and everybody should be getting their retail copy. I have only about an hours worth of devoted gameplay so far, but I am incredibly impressed at the level of art and entertainment, that Turn 10 has accomplished here.

My wife just gave me the green light to go out and purchase a Kinect....havent felt the need to have one wil Forza. Have you tried out the Kinect interface with it yet? As for my impression of the game so far, had it since midnight last night, is that it is much smoother than 3 and the cars are insanely accurate to their real life portrayal. The sounds are very distinct as well and its just a great racer. Very curious to see how the stock cars race and handle compared to 3.
Man this game is tremendously smooth. Already have 100% discount for the Nissan stores and have beefed my 370Z to S class. Love the changes in this game especially the handling.....not sure exactly how to explain it, but it drives sweet even with the game pad.
<!-- / message -->

scoman 10-11-2011 11:39 AM

Careermode AI-Difficulty

Is the comp AI adaptive,if so how does it work,I played for about 3 hrs so far,and I run about 5 sec faster per lap than the ai,hope this gets better,anyone know? Unless Im missing something,races at this point arent even close to being competitive even on the hardest levels.

bluengold34_OS 10-11-2011 12:05 PM

For those worried about the AI not taking different lines or making mistakes, I present you this video. I wasn't even close to this guy, and this was lap one. Him and the leader were fighting for position, and this was the result.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFJM5N3CMLw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFJM5N3CMLw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

seasprite 10-11-2011 12:16 PM

serves him right for driving a yellow car.................

garnettrules21 10-11-2011 12:25 PM

Pretty excited to get this game today. Going to be a long day at work. Ready to get taking some photos too.

Misterd 10-11-2011 01:17 PM

Played the game for about 3 hours last night. It's pretty fantastic. In regards to the AI I'd say it's pretty hit and miss, some races there will be cars that you just wont catch unless you drive perfect laps. Other races you'll pull out in front in the first 25 seconds and nobody will ever get close. I have been forced to brake numerous times though by AI drivers protecting their line. They are pretty consistent with that. So far though I am loving this game.

CM Hooe 10-11-2011 01:19 PM

Just bought the game, will have impressions once I leave work today.