Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here (/forums/showthread.php?t=518759)

Steve_OS 10-18-2011 08:15 AM

Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

The Need for Speed The Run demo is available now. Post your impressions here.

barryf1fan 10-18-2011 09:25 AM

Re: Need for Speed The Run Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Dang! I didn't even realize it came out yesterday.. Will have to give it a go, as I'm looking forward to this iteration that gets back (sorta) to the original NFS formula.

8and9 10-18-2011 09:35 AM

Downloading now.

CaptainZombie 10-18-2011 09:37 AM

Can't wait for impressions, this game reminds me a bit of the old NFS days.

TrapStar215 10-18-2011 12:20 PM

I had high hopes, but the gameplay is the same as Pro Street a.k.a. bad. Definelty going to cancel my reserve. Good thing I work at Gamestop, maybe I'll just sign it out one night.

SqueakyD 10-18-2011 04:49 PM

This was a very disappointing demo. I'll admit that it was an awesome idea to include a level where you're dodging falling avalanche debris, but the camera bob and weaves too much on the turns and the terrible framerate makes it nearly very impossible to make quick decisions. It's not as satisfying as in last year's Hot Pursuit when you dodge a roadblock or pass an opponent, because you knew exactly what you were trying to do with your car and can see down the road to react in time. In The Run, its more of trial and error driving if that makes any sense?

If anything, I feel like this game puts driving as second priority to the action.

goh 10-18-2011 05:20 PM

In the way Split/Second does or a different way?

SqueakyD 10-18-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goh (Post 2042999434)
In the way Split/Second does or a different way?

Yeah, sort of. Split/Second seems less chaotic from what I remember. I guess if a Bond game had an extended racing mission (minus the weapons) it would be this. Are you able to try the demo, goh? I would like to hear what you think.

Anyways, I put more time into the demo and notice the game is more controllable when in the hood or bumper view, where the camera isn't moving on its own.