Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 12 The Show Cover Athlete, Adrian Gonzalez Interview (/forums/showthread.php?t=523018)

bp4baseball 11-10-2011 02:56 PM

MLB 12 The Show Cover Athlete, Adrian Gonzalez Interview

ESPN The Gamer has posted their interview with MLB 12 The Show cover athlete, Adrian Gonzalez.

EnigmaNemesis 11-10-2011 03:01 PM

Re: Adrian Gonzalez Interview

Very good interview... seeing his comments about how he is a huge Show fan, and not just marketing BS, because he talks in detail like we do here... you can see more reasons as to why he was chosen.

Quote:

Looking at the list of "MLB: The Show" cover athletes makes me wonder if the game is really produced in some secret Boston studio as opposed to Sony's San Diego offices. From David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia to the "MLB 12: The Show" cover star Adrian Gonzalez, there's definitely some Red Sox love coming from the creators of the game.

"It's part of playing for a big market team.," Gonzalez tells me over the phone as we talk Red Sox and video games. "People know who you are, a lot of people watch your games day in and day out. It's a great organization with a lot of history. Sony knows where to go to pick the right players."

And Gonzalez isn't just acting as a spokesman for the game, he's also a fan of the franchise, admitting that he just played three games of "MLB 11" last night against his brother-in-law.

"I played the game all throughout high school, and I still play," says Gonzalez. "I definitely enjoy it, and the ratings say it all: It's the best baseball game out there.

"It's so realistic, and my favorite part about playing is actually seeing all of the little mannerisms they included in the game between pitches. They're dead on, and for me, that's pretty fun to see."

econoodle 11-10-2011 03:04 PM

Jon Robinson: You had a studio tour today where they're making "MLB 12: The Show." Did they give you a quick look at what the new game will look like?
Adrian Gonzalez: No, the game still isn't in that position yet, but from I hear, it's going to be just like it is every year, and that's the best baseball game you can find out there.

Ouch. He gets the cover, they want him to help with shaping the game and he can't even see what it looks like when he's there visiting. They said its not in a position to be looked at? lol
oh man, i thought part of his gig was helping with features and adding his input.
I think Pared, Knight and the boys might see it before him!
:)

EnigmaNemesis 11-10-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by econoodle (Post 2043074461)
Jon Robinson: You had a studio tour today where they're making "MLB 12: The Show." Did they give you a quick look at what the new game will look like?
Adrian Gonzalez: No, the game still isn't in that position yet, but from I hear, it's going to be just like it is every year, and that's the best baseball game you can find out there.

Ouch. He gets the cover, they want him to help with shaping the game and he can't even see what it looks like when he's there visiting. They said its not in a position to be looked at? lol
oh man, i thought part of his gig was helping with features and adding his input.
I think Pared, Knight and the boys might see it before him!
:)

Or he is under an NDA ;)

JOHN 3:16 11-10-2011 11:58 PM

All of Mexico is going NUTS!!!

Geolink 11-11-2011 10:22 AM

Re: MLB 12 The Show Cover Athlete, Adrian Gonzalez Interview

Interesting choice...

Hmm...

Doormat 11-13-2011 09:46 PM

Good interview, glad to see he's a fan of the series as well.

I guess I respect him a lot more than I did back in the first half of the season

MC2 11-13-2011 10:24 PM

MLB 12 the show, a custom cover year for me.