Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL Blitz Cover Athlete to be Determined by Fans (/forums/showthread.php?t=525919)

DustinT 12-01-2011 02:30 PM

NFL Blitz Cover Athlete to be Determined by Fans

EA Sports has announced a vote for the cover athlete of the upcoming NFL Blitz.

Quote:

While chasing their dreams of a Super Bowl championship, Pro Bowlers Roddy White, Ray Rice and Patrick Willis will vie for another honor – a spot on the first-ever digital cover from EA SPORTS. The All-Pro appearing on the NFL Blitz digital cover will be determined by fans, who can cast their ballot at VGA.spike.com beginning at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PT on Saturday, December 10 during the 2011 Spike “Video Game Awards” (#VGA). The most prolific quarterback and wide receiver duo of all time, Hall of Famers Joe Montana and Jerry Rice, will be on hand to announce the winner at the end of the ceremonies. Telecasting from Los Angeles, CA and featuring some of the most notable names in video games, entertainment, music, sports and more, the “VGAs,” honoring the outstanding achievements within the video game industry over the past year, will premiere LIVE on Spike TV, MTV 2 and Spike.comon Saturday, December 10 at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT.

The GIGGAS 12-01-2011 02:31 PM

Re: NFL Blitz Cover Athlete to be Determined by Fans

When they say cover, do they mean on the main menu?

EDIT: Just read it. Seems a bit odd they'd sell it as a "cover" athlete for a digital only game.

jyoung 12-01-2011 02:53 PM

Downloadable titles have digital "box art" when you view them on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

I hope Willis makes it. Gotta' give the love to the defense in a game like Blitz where the hits are huge.

The GIGGAS 12-01-2011 02:59 PM

Re: NFL Blitz Cover Athlete to be Determined by Fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEEman33 (Post 2043130096)
Downloadable titles have digital "box art" when you view them on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

I hope Willis makes it. Gotta' give the love to the defense in a game like Blitz where the hits are huge.

I still think it's weird though. I think it's just the wording. I think a better wording would be a "feature athlete" or something.

Cardot 12-01-2011 03:42 PM

The pic says it all....after this weekend, Stevie Johnson should be the cover. That TD dance of his truly was an NFL Blitz TD dance.

BaylorBearBryant 12-01-2011 04:43 PM

I'm voting for Willis. That guy doesn't get enough credit for his play.