Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today (/forums/showthread.php?t=528144)

Steve_OS 12-16-2011 09:45 AM

NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

NBA 2K12 will not have a 66 game schedule patched into the game. It will be available for NBA Today only, no other mode will be touched.

Here are Ronnie's tweets on the topic.

The 24th Letter 12-16-2011 09:54 AM

Thank you posting this.....should stop the daily thread created asking it.

youALREADYknow 12-16-2011 10:10 AM

Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

This was predictable, but I don't like it when any developer calls a programming task impossible. It would have been very POSSIBLE if the scheduling was designed to be modular in the first place.

Great developers don't typically have the word "impossible" in their vocabulary. Not faulting 2K on not getting this done though because it probably wouldn't be easy to implement after release.

lv2bll 12-16-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youALREADYknow (Post 2043177424)
This was predictable, but I don't like it when any developer calls a programming task impossible. It would have been very POSSIBLE if the scheduling was designed to be modular in the first place.

Great developers don't typically have the word "impossible" in their vocabulary. Not faulting 2K on not getting this done though because it probably wouldn't be easy to implement after release.

Ronnie is not a Dev. Buy I see what you're saying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

44drob 12-16-2011 10:26 AM

Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

Bummer but its good to have it cleared up..

Sundown 12-16-2011 10:33 AM

Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.

Pared 12-16-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youALREADYknow (Post 2043177424)

You're right - nothing is impossible given unlimited resources.

Unfortunately, the reality is this is a company with limited resources just like any other company.

But yes - I agree with your statement if you ignore all other factors. But then that's just being a bit too literal IMO. I think many can interpret Ronnie's comment at more than face value.

2k13 will need to be ready in 9 months. Maybe that helps bring some other things into perspective.

Pared 12-16-2011 10:36 AM

By the way - it's bothersome for a "developer" on here to be so critical of other developers. That's very low brow and I would expect more from the representative of a company.