Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   At least there was defensive PI (/forums/showthread.php?t=530603)

statdude 01-01-2012 06:50 PM

At least there was defensive PI

So I'm playing the computer and they come out in the flexbone. They fake the dive to the fb. After the fake, my left end tackles him behind the line of scrimmage. Then the CPU QB throws the ball away behind the line scrimmage, to no one in the flat, and he was in the pocket. Nope, not intentional grounding, but my end get pass interference on him. And they called the penalty a spot foul, which is incorrect, so the CPU actually lost yards.

Really?

cusefan74 01-02-2012 07:09 PM

Re: At least there was defensive PI

Actually it is a spot foul unless it's beyond 15 yards, then it's a 15 yard penalty.

90Bamagrad 01-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by statdude (Post 2043223465)
So I'm playing the computer and they come out in the flexbone. They fake the dive to the fb. After the fake, my left end tackles him behind the line of scrimmage. Then the CPU QB throws the ball away behind the line scrimmage, to no one in the flat, and he was in the pocket. Nope, not intentional grounding, but my end get pass interference on him. And they called the penalty a spot foul, which is incorrect, so the CPU actually lost yards.

Really?

Actually you can not have Def PI on a pass that does not cross the line of scrimmage. They could have called defensive holding but not PI.

PowerofRed25 01-03-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90Bamagrad (Post 2043229723)
Actually you can not have Def PI on a pass that does not cross the line of scrimmage. They could have called defensive holding but not PI.

The only DPI I've ever had called in this game was behind the line of scrimmage. I've had it called about 6 times. Every time it was a slip screen that I read perfectly I tried to big hit the HB, but I ended up being early and it flagged me for DPI.

Very annoying.

CuseGirl 01-04-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerofRed25 (Post 2043231233)
The only DPI I've ever had called in this game was behind the line of scrimmage. I've had it called about 6 times. Every time it was a slip screen that I read perfectly I tried to big hit the HB, but I ended up being early and it flagged me for DPI.

Very annoying.

you didn't think a football game that's been coded for 12 years would call Def. PI correctly, did you? Silly football fan, correct flags are for reality....