Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=533729)

Steve_OS 01-24-2012 05:39 AM

UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The UFC Undisputed 3 demo is available now for 360, later today for PS3.

*UPDATE: The demo is now available for PS3 users.

Play a few matches and post your impressions here. If you are away from your 360, you can queue it up right here.

As posted yesterday, the UFC Undisputed 3 demo roster includes Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones and legend Anderson Silva, from the UFC side, while Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva, are available on the Pride FC side.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
You may also see the demo promoted on storefront banners within XBOX Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store.

XBOX 360:
PLEASE NOTE - The UFC 3 demo is exclusive to XBOX Gold Members for the first 7 days (this is standard). It will be free to everyone after this period. There are many Gold trial options available if you are not a Gold member.

Hit Guide Button
Scroll to "Games" tab
Select "Demo"
Select "Search"
Scroll to "U"
Select "UFC 3" and download
PS3 (free to everyone):

PLAYSTATION 3:

Select "PlayStation Store"
Select "Demos"
Select "UFC 3" and download

davis420 01-24-2012 08:24 AM

Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

So far this demo is making me want to buy this game! I played 1 match in the UFC and 1 in Pride.The UFC match I was Jones and won by decision. The Pride match, I chose Rampage and Silva KO'd me. We both were bleeding by the end of the match.You can't change many of the options but you can choose the type of energy, default or sim. So far I've only used the sim and energy is vital.

ManiacMatt1782 01-24-2012 08:37 AM

Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3 - Post Impressio

Nice. Sim energy is the only way to play this game, makes picking your shots vital. otherwise people will spam spam spam, because default energy does not punish you nearly enough.

Find_the_Door 01-24-2012 09:17 AM

I'm hoping THQ gives an option to use simulation stamina in ranked matches, if not people are just going to spam to no end. I like the striking now, much more fluid. Ground and pound is much more brutal and realistic. The Clinch spamming/cage shoulder check exploits are now gone due to auto block being removed.

Really the only issue I see with this game is the "Default" stamina system allows for WAY to much spamming, simulation is the only way to play this game as far as I'm concerned.

DaveDQ 01-24-2012 09:20 AM

I didn't play 2010 and played very little of the one before, but I just saw a really nice presentation piece where the ref interrupted the fight so the doctor could check out a cut and give clearance. Very nice.

I'm taking it slow in learning the controls so I'm mainly fighting standing up right now. Really I'm testing how stamina works. Working the legs and body is fun and you really see it take its toll in time. Stamina really seems to be a key factor in simulation mode because you will enter a "gassed state" quickly if you just unload.

That's the first thing I notice right now, is how well the stamina plays out.

Tomba 01-24-2012 09:38 AM

Good demo showed me a much better fighting engine and presentation upgrade.

Just do not like the submissions they feel like your playing a race I'd rather button mash in some way for that.

Overall feels like wwe12 but real and I really like wwe12 so

Shownuff 01-24-2012 10:17 AM

I have a question about the demo
Are you able to submit the computer now or is it like UFC 2010 (I shined I mashed, hardly ever got one unless it was on easy).
I would also take a known good submission fighter (Maia) and pit him against someone who wasn't really good at stopping submissions (Sonnen).
I was wondering if that part of the game is better now.

aholbert32 01-24-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shownuff (Post 2043299475)
I have a question about the demo
Are you able to submit the computer now or is it like UFC 2010 (I shined I mashed, hardly ever got one unless it was on easy).
I would also take a known good submission fighter (Maia) and pit him against someone who wasn't really good at stopping submissions (Sonnen).
I was wondering if that part of the game is better now.

Cant really tell from the demo because submissions are primarily based on stamina and submissions skill. The demo is only one round and only 1 of the 4 fighters are guys that I would consider even near the level of Maia when it comes to subs.

I will say that from playing the Alpha, submissions are alot easier than 2010. If you play on sim mode and work to tire your opponent, you can sub someone. I played 2010 for almost 2 yrs and never submitted the CPU. I think it will be possible this year.