Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2K Sports Partners with SPIN For Major League Baseball 2K12 Soundtrack (/forums/showthread.php?t=537221)

Steve_OS 02-16-2012 05:59 PM

2K Sports Partners with SPIN For Major League Baseball 2K12 Soundtrack

Featuring exclusive original track from G-Side – free to download on SPIN.com; Plus artists Bass Drum of Death, Grouplove, Skrillex, The Vaccines, and more

New York, NY – February 16, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced that they have partnered with SPIN Media, the premier resource for music discovery, to create a 13-song soundtrack for the upcoming Major League Baseball® 2K12, the eagerly anticipated next iteration of the popular MLB 2K series, which hits stores nationwide on March 6, 2012.

The release of MLB 2K12 marks the first time that SPIN has collaborated on a video game soundtrack and the first time 2K Sports has worked with a music media company. The baseball-loving team behind SPIN jumped at the chance to curate the game and enlisted a hard-hitting team to select the songs.

The resulting playlist covers all bases with a wide range of musical genres from hip-hop and electronic, to rock and pop, and includes both established and emerging artists, reflecting the true diversity of baseball fans. Earning themselves the unofficial title of “most valuable players,” Alabama rap duo and SPIN breaking-out artists, G-Side, recorded an exclusive original track called “Put Me in the Game” – hitting a home run with the fresh, futuristic, synth-heavy beat.

G-Side’s exclusive track, which is inspired by “defying odds to achieve something greater in life,” can be downloaded for free at SPIN.com/mlb2k12 starting February 21. The rest of the soundtrack will also be available to stream.

"When the match is right, music and sports can complement each other in a profound way, so curating SPIN’s first video game soundtrack was an exciting challenge. We were thrilled to be asked by 2K Sports, and took seriously the responsibility of sharing some of our favorite tracks with MLB fans,” said Charles Aaron, SPIN Editorial Director. “Many special thanks, of course, go to G-Side for providing an awesome new track."

MLB 2K12 features AL MVP and Cy Young Award winner Justin Verlander on the cover along with a robust list of features and game modes, improved gameplay, and the return of the $1 Million Perfect Game Challenge, which will award one MLB 2K12 gamer the coveted grand prize. SPIN’s hand-picked soundtrack bolsters an immersive baseball experience.

“This year’s soundtrack is easily the best yet thanks to SPIN,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing, 2K Sports. “They are experts in the music industry and our fans are really going to enjoy the playlist they selected when playing MLB 2K12. Music is a key element in our sports titles, so when we’re working hard to create the best, most authentic experience for fans we expect the soundtrack to follow the same beat.”

The complete track listing for the MLB 2K12 soundtrack includes:
  • Bass Drum of Death, "Get Found"
  • Explosions in the Sky, "Trembling Hands"
  • The Cool Kids, "Boomin'"
  • The Vaccines, "If You Wanna"
  • G-Side, "Put Me in the Game"
  • Grouplove, "Colours"
  • JEFF the Brotherhood, "Shredder"
  • My Morning Jacket, "Holdin On to Black Metal"
  • Skrillex, "Nice Sprites & Scary Monsters"
  • Telekinesis, "Please Ask for Help"
  • The Joy Formidable, "Austere"
  • Atmosphere, "Just for Show"
  • Pretty Lights, "Hot Like Dimes"
MLB 2K12 is rated E for everyone by the ESRB and will be available March 6, 2012 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Nintendo DS™ and Windows PC.

Blzer 02-16-2012 06:03 PM

Re: 2K Sports Partners with SPIN For Major League Baseball 2K12 Soundtrack

I don't get it. They hired someone to suggest what songs to put in their game?

sydrogerdavid 02-16-2012 06:23 PM

And I still don't know who these people are.

peigone 02-16-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blzer (Post 2043370918)
I don't get it. They hired someone to suggest what songs to put in their game?

Heh, this series has been way beyond the "What the...?!" stage for 3-4 years now.

m1ke_nyc 02-16-2012 07:17 PM

The thing I cnat get out of my mind is how bad the graphics look in that pic. Cant wait for the demo though

Watson 02-16-2012 07:20 PM

Dubstep? DUBSTEP? DUB ****ING STEP?

How the hell do you go from Pearl Jam to DUBSTEP.

all the rage.

ozeman 02-16-2012 07:23 PM

Cant wait to turn it all off as soon as the game loads for the first time.

jyoung 02-16-2012 07:29 PM

Jeff the Brotherhood is from Nashville. That's the only reason I know them.

I just don't get why these companies put so few songs in their sports games. Regardless of song quality, I always grow to hate the songs in sports game soundtracks after hearing the same 10 or so tracks over and over again all year long.