Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included (/forums/showthread.php?t=537578)

Steve_OS 02-19-2012 10:07 AM

NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall - Video of Changes Included

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

2K Sports has added J.R. Smith in the latest NBA 2K12 roster update. They rated him with a 76 overall, just 1 point above Jeremy Lin.

It doesn't look like any other players were touched, but you can check out the video, to be sure.

tweezy08 02-19-2012 10:52 AM

oh wow! Thats it

hawley088 02-19-2012 10:57 AM

Re: NBA 2K12 Roster Update Adds J.R. Smith, Rated 76 Overall

Thats funny, Im reading on the back of the box, "more dynamic updates than ever before, from shoes to player models, to court floors-ensuring that 2k12 looks just like the real NBA" and Ive yet to see anything like that...

false advertising?

jayrich751 02-19-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawley088 (Post 2043377745)
Thats funny, Im reading on the back of the box, "more dynamic updates than ever before, from shoes to player models, to court floors-ensuring that 2k12 looks just like the real NBA" and Ive yet to see anything like that...

false advertising?

Def false advertising, there promises r similar to maddens promIses although 2k did a faaaar better job

Goffs 02-19-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

false advertising?

pfft we won't see anything dynamic till the playoffs...you know less teams to update :jpshakehe

Bulls321974 02-19-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

false advertising?

"I'll believe it when I see it!" was my first thought when I read that...

fluent2332 02-19-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

false advertising?

You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.

On topic - JR Smith in the game, and he brings some JR Smith cheese along with his arrival. This guy can light it up in this game. He has the perfect blend of Swiss and Cheddar, the Swiss being he can get to the rim and finish with a nasty dunk, the Cheddar being he can spot up and hit the 3. It's a perfect blend of 2 fine cheeses. :popcorn:

Norris_Cole 02-19-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluent2332 (Post 2043377853)
You see what you want to see.

I think 2K has done a great job of providing roster updates along the way, ensuring that most players in the game play like their real life counterparts. Sure there are little art modifications here and there that need to be done, but the big picture of the post-release support is pretty good. It's as good as I ever remember it being in the 2K series, and I've been playing since 2K3.

How can you say that when there are still several players missing after months of waiting? Or even when they take 1 or 2 weeks to release an update that changes just 3 or 4 players?

And speaking about the player ratings, they are probably the worst from the entire franchise history, specially mid range and 3pt ratings. It's not hard to find guys with 30% in 3pt being elite shooters in 2k12, or guys with 10 mid range shots made all year being better than other player with 150.