Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Cubs vs. Cardinals (OS Exclusive) - Part 2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=537970)

k7k58 02-21-2012 09:06 PM

Re: MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Cubs vs. Cardinals (OS Exclusive) - Part 2

i like how it shows the guy's minor league stats also

Blzer 02-21-2012 09:09 PM

I'll definitely be tweaking my audio settings from default, but man, things are sounding much, much better than before!

The commentary also seems very refreshing. I personally think that Campbell and Karros could be given the boot at times, but the lines in general are a huge step up, especially in a franchise!

tnixen 02-21-2012 09:13 PM

Where is part 2?

nomo17k 02-21-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnixen (Post 2043386729)
Where is part 2?

I don't know when it updated, but this is already part 2 I think.

Drew127 02-21-2012 09:16 PM

Is it just me or do the uniform textures look even better this year? You can notice the detail in the birds on the Cardinals jersey, when the camera cuts to Chris Carpenter. Looks like more definition in the stitching, or has the Cardinals uniform always looked like that?

Drew127 02-21-2012 09:19 PM

I'm seeing way too many strikes overall. Wish the locations were mixed up a bit more. You'd think with a 1-2 count the pitch would be out of the zone trying to get the hitter to chase.

jlatz10 02-21-2012 09:21 PM

Really pay attention to these gameplay videos... after watching them a few times it's apparent that so many of the little things were tweaked from batting stances (Beltran, Berkman, Holliday, Soriano, etc.), to fluidity, to the actual timing physics, to ball physics, to presentation.

I'm extremely impressed and really look forward to playing this year's installment of the virtual counterpart to the game we all love so much.

Sinner618 02-21-2012 09:22 PM

I liked the fact they added new comentary for the cardinals concerning "defending world champs... new manager at the helms... and (ugh) how will they survive in Year 1 AP, After Pujols..." its nice they touch on things like that, but I pray to god that I don't have to hear them rambling on about Pujols in every Cardinals game I play in franchise or rtts.. once a week (game time) is alright, but if I have to continually hear about him in every game I'm gonna wig out...

I also liked the new Dropped Third Strike steal attempt.. looked much better than the 11 version...