Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Cubs vs. Cardinals (OS Exclusive) - Part 2 (/forums/showthread.php?t=537970)

MIKEY93 02-23-2012 11:37 AM

Re: MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Cubs vs. Cardinals (OS Exclusive) - Part 2

Wow. This game just took a whole new level. MLB 11 was my first Show game on a PS3, and I can say that MLB 12 made me excited all over again. To be honest, the stat overlays didn't look that good; they were too plain IMO. Now they look smoother and more baseball-video-game-like (maybe like the overlays of previous games). The cut-scenes are a big improvement to add a little spice to the games. & don't forget the new sounds when hitting and catching a ball; that puts a smile to my face for some reason, but it sounds more realistic. I'll definitely be ready for when it comes out. Great job, SCEA team!

tessl 02-23-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2043389601)
Blame that one on the user with the sticks in his hand.

Ah, I always manage the games and forget other people control the baserunners. If it's human error I understand. Otherwise, it is something which needs to be addressed.

Thanks for the reply.

tessl 02-23-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahnzo (Post 2043390575)
Right. My point is that in real life, that runner probably would've froze on the line drive. If it was caught, he's either doubled or gets back. I wouldn't be pissed if he get's doubled, because that's pretty life like and doesn't happen enough in the game as it is now. The fact was the game immediately returned him to second so it was impossible for either a double play or to advance...both of which would've probably been a more realistic outcome.

I just don't see how something the game did automatically could be blamed on the user.

In "real life" the runner makes sure the ball goes through and then either goes back to second or advances depending on what happens. In this instance the runner would have advanced to third.