Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=539989)

Pared 03-05-2012 10:40 AM

MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

Have a question about the game? Want to ask someone about their impressions or something they mentioned? You've found the right thread!

Please post all of your questions here and your fellow forums users who have the game early can help answer them. NO ONE IS REQUIRED TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, so please do not complain if it does not get responded to.

This thread will keep the IMPRESSIONS THREAD specific to impressions of the game.

Thanks!

Flaxseed Oil 03-05-2012 10:47 AM

Re: MLB 2k12 The Show - Q&A Thread

I am happy to answer questions, but can't get into specific ratings or anything like that because I am at work. I did, however, play about 6 or 7 games yesterday on 360, so I am very familiar with gameplay. Ask away.

houstonsportsfan 03-05-2012 10:56 AM

a pic of minute maid park would be nice.

Beetlebum 03-05-2012 10:58 AM

Hi,

I am at work too and can't wait for tomorrow to pick up the game... so i thought "to pass the day, I will be on OS asking questions and getting ready" ;)

So here I go: how does the CPU look in terms of plate discipline and patience at the plate?

In the demo the CPU batters swing at every strike, they rarely work the count or get into deep counts, often swinging at the first pitch.
If the count is 3-0 and I throw a strike down the middle, there goes the swing (80% of the time).

Is it any different in the full game?

Thanks!

kpkpkp 03-05-2012 11:00 AM

Pared,

You need to fix the thread title. It says "The Show."

DirtyJerz32 03-05-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil (Post 2043428760)
I am happy to answer questions, but can't get into specific ratings or anything like that because I am at work. I did, however, play about 6 or 7 games yesterday on 360, so I am very familiar with gameplay. Ask away.

Have you noticed any dynamic attendance or is it a sell out crowd every game?

Flaxseed Oil 03-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlebum (Post 2043428794)
Hi,

I am at work too and can't wait for tomorrow to pick up the game... so i thought "to pass the day, I will be on OS asking questions and getting ready" ;)

So here I go: how does the CPU look in terms of plate discipline and patience at the plate?

In the demo the CPU batters swing at every strike, they rarely work the count or get into deep counts, often swinging at the first pitch.
If the count is 3-0 and I throw a strike down the middle, there goes the swing (80% of the time).

Is it any different in the full game?

Thanks!

I noticed the CPU taking strike three on a couple of occasions. They definitely take strikes, but moreso once you get deep into the count. In other words, if you get to 2-2, they seem to be trying to get the count full or draw a walk (unless you throw a fat pitch, then they will take a hack). But, if you can drop in a breaking pitch with two strikes (very difficult to do this year with the new breaking ball physics), then you can catch them looking.

I actually was going to post this in the impressions thread, but I pitched a game with Felix Hernandez against the Marlins. I was perfect for 4.2 innings, and was catching guys looking on my change-up like crazy. Then, all of a sudden, they started looking for it and things fell apart quickly. I gave up 3 runs in the 6th and ended up falling behind 3-1 and ultimately lost 3-2.

I want to stress the importantce of 'affect of pitcher confidence' slider. If you leave it on the default 50, then not only will every little rally be a difficult jam to get out of, but you will also beat the crap out of pitchers if you can put together 3-4 hits in a row. I had a 9-run 2 out rally off of the Angels last night with the Yankees, after not doing anything for the first 3-4 innings. I ended up winning 13-9, after being down 7-1 in the 4th.

Flaxseed Oil 03-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32 (Post 2043428804)
Have you noticed any dynamic attendance or is it a sell out crowd every game?

Always a sell out.