Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NFL Off Topic (/forums/showthread.php?t=540465)

kingkilla56 03-06-2012 09:33 PM

NFL Off Topic

Here is the NFL forum's off topic thread where we can all post random and hopefully interesting topics that we find about the nfl, officials, players, mascots, cheerleaders, fans, etc etc etc.

Its gonna be a long offseason and we will use this thread to keep the days from seeming so long leading up to training camp following the NFL Draft in April.

And lets try to keep it light hearted in here :59:

Have at it!

kingkilla56 03-06-2012 09:41 PM

Re: NFL Off Topic 2012

Top Selling Jersey's of the 2011 season

Quote:

TOP-SELLING NFL PLAYERS JERSEYS
April 1, 2011 – February 29, 2012

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
2. Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos
3. Eli Manning, New York Giants
4. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
5. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
6. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
7. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
8. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
9. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
10. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
11. Miles Austin, Dallas Cowboys
12. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
13. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
14. Wes Welker, New England Patriots
15. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
16. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
17. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens
18. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
19. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
20. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
21. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York Giants
22. Mark Sanchez, New York Jets
23. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
24. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
25. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
I am surprised that Eli Manning has sold so many Jerseys over the past calendar season to be ranked 3rd. I hadn't realized that he grew such a following. But maybe I shouldn't be surprised with his recent success in New York. I wonder what the regional sales of his jersey look like.

Glad to see Victor Cruz so high as well. JPP too.

I am also surprised that Cam Newton didn't get higher on this list with the season he had. Tim Tebow at number two perplexes me. His story in the league so far is something else.

mestevo 03-07-2012 01:20 AM

Cam Newton had an amazing season, but as they started to lose games after his amazing initial performances, the <strike>Jags</strike> Panthers just didn't get the national coverage anymore, at least that was the impression I got.

SPTO 03-07-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mestevo (Post 2043437422)
Cam Newton had an amazing season, but as they started to lose games after his amazing initial performances, the Jags just didn't get the national coverage anymore, at least that was the impression I got.

The Jags?

I do agree that Cam Newton was amazing he broke a TON of rookie QB records. i think he'll be a good QB in this league and the PANTHERS will win games once the defensive talent comes in.

Dog 03-07-2012 01:24 AM

LOL at Mark Sanchez in the top 25

mestevo 03-07-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2043437426)
The Jags?

Yeah... I think I just proved my own point, lol.

Chrisksaint 03-07-2012 03:56 AM

In light of recent events I vote this to be the new mascot.

Spoiler

ProfessaPackMan 03-07-2012 12:03 PM

Oh First Down Freddie:

Quote:

PHILADELPHIA - Former Philadelphia Eagles player Freddie Mitchell faces federal tax fraud charges for allegedly recruiting professional athletes in a scheme to get false tax returns.
Mitchell and two other people, Jamie Russ-Walls and Richard Walls, face federal charges in the case in Florida, in an indictment obtained by Fox 29.
The indictment filed by the U.S. attorney in Orlando, Fla., says a company set up by Mitchell, Chameleon Enterprises, was involved in the alleged scam.
The target of a scheme was a professional athlete with the initials A.G., who investigators said had no knowledge of the scheme, but paid for a firm connected with Mitchell to do his taxes.
According to the indictment, the plan was to file for false federal tax returns electronically.
Jamie Russ-Walls and Richard Walls allegedly filed the tax returns, claiming refunds ranging from $170,000 to $1.9 million. The two men also attached false documents to support the refund claims, the indictment says.
The men enlisted Mitchell to recruit professional athletes as tax-return customers.
A meeting was set up with the professional athlete, where Jamie Russ-Walls claimed she was a trained tax preparer who dealt with professional athletes.
Mitchell then took a $100,000 down payment for tax preparations from A.G., and the defendants who file three tax returns to get a $1.2 million refund.
Then, either Jamie Russ-Walls and Richard Walls filed false tax returns without A.G.'s knowledge.
Jamie Russ-Walls was to get $600,000 and Mitchell about $280,000 from the false refund.
In addition, Jamie Russ-Walls or Richard Walls filed false returns for Mitchell's company, Chameleon Enterprises, claiming more than $2 million in refunds.
A second count in the indictment pertains to the filing of false tax returns in the name of A.G.
A Bensalem, Pa., police report on the Web site Patch.com said that Richard A. Walls, 41 and Jamie Russ-Walls, 37, of the 3600 block of Red Lion Road, Philadelphia, were picked up on Sunday on outstanding Federal Fugitive from Justice warrants, and turned over to the Feds.