Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Initial Reviewer Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=544358)

RaychelSnr 03-27-2012 02:53 PM

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Initial Reviewer Impressions

This year's flagship golf release from EA, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, initially looks to be a mix of old and new, with some new control options and gameplay modifiers as well as some tried-and-true courses and game modes.

The core gameplay of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 seems to offer a relatively accurate simulation, as has generally been the case in previous iterations, especially if played on the higher difficulties. The lower difficulties allow plenty of assists in the form of putt previews, after-touch when the ball is in flight and more lenient swing mechanics. On any of the difficulties you can still always ask your caddie what to do, even on putts, which gives you a fairly accurate idea of where you should be aiming, but it rarely results in the perfect shot since you'll have to tweak a few other things on your own to truly lock it in.

Read More - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Initial Reviewer Impressions

nivek64 03-27-2012 04:41 PM

The headline golfer on the Tiger Woods 13 page looks like Dwight Howard. #Justsayin'

Dogslax41 03-27-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13: Initial Reviewer Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivek64 (Post 2043507509)
The headline golfer on the Tiger Woods 13 page looks like Dwight Howard. #Justsayin'

Quite possibly because it is. Can't remember who else they included I know Rooney and Roenick and i think maybe Faulkner and Sugar Ray

garyjr33 03-27-2012 05:38 PM

I think it is Dwight Howard...the amazon pre-order bonus was 4 celebrity golfers: Dwight Howard, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jeremy Roenick and Marshall Faulk if I am not mistaken.

sydrogerdavid 03-27-2012 05:39 PM

I tried the demo with the move. The controls don't make sense to me.

Tomba 03-27-2012 06:16 PM

game is gorgeous...nuff said

Dazraz 03-27-2012 06:38 PM

I used to like the early PGA games where you could play one off tournaments with a full leaderboard of players. I like playing tournaments but don't have the time to work through the career mode. That said the game looks very impressive on the visual front.

kdogpa 03-27-2012 10:55 PM

great upgrade from last year with the swing mechanics. and the Tiger Challenge is actually pretty fun. well done EA.