Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '12) (/forums/showthread.php?t=544690)

bedwardsroy19 03-29-2012 01:42 PM

OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '12)

Hey guys,

I wanted to separate the roster "idea" thread I had, and the actual thread for the first roster we will be creating. After much debate and many great suggestions, I will be starting out with a roster set that features each team's all time best players to play for each franchise. There will be no repeat of players, so each player will only be in the roster one time.

With the help of Hoser, we have put together a spreadsheet to detail who will be on each team. The roster will include 40-Man rosters for each team.

Another reason I wanted to separate this thread from the idea thread was because I wanted my name out of the title. Thus far I have gotten a ton of help from the OS community, and this will truly be an OS Community roster.

This thread will be used to update progress as well as take on any suggestions, or help that is offered from the community. If anybody wants to volunteer to take on some teams let me know!

Here is the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...US&pli=1#gid=0

I will keep you guys updated! In the mean time, feel free to claim a team. Not to worry though, I will complete any team that's not filled.

-bedwardsroy19

hoser 03-29-2012 02:14 PM

Re: OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '12)

Count me in for Minnesota and Colorado.

bedwardsroy19 03-29-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoser (Post 2043513317)
Count me in for Minnesota and Colorado.

Awesome! Thanks!

juicer420 03-29-2012 03:14 PM

I'll get started on the Giants tonight if that's cool. Gives me something to do until OSFM is out.

I'm pretty good at faces, but not great.

Also, is Csura involved in this? He should be. I'm going to ask him if I can use his Willie Mays.

And pjsnell10, can I use your Will Clark?

tonyfire2001 03-29-2012 04:18 PM

just an fyi Bedwardsroy has this same project going right now. I recommend that you get a hold of him about it.

bedwardsroy19 03-29-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfire2001 (Post 2043513700)
just an fyi Bedwardsroy has this same project going right now. I recommend that you get a hold of him about it.

I'm bedwardsroy19, I just made a thread to separate the ideas for a roster and the actual roster we are making.

It didn't seem fair to me that I had my name on the thread title when so many had came up to me offering help. Wanted to give the set more of a community feel

SupremeYankee 03-29-2012 05:08 PM

what are the green boxes on the spreadsheet ?

bedwardsroy19 03-29-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremeYankee (Post 2043513827)
what are the green boxes on the spreadsheet ?

People wanted updates on progress, so I thought I would highlight the players as they are completed...

Green will be the players that are in the roster currently
Yellow will be the players that have been "claimed" by an OS user (basically players that are in progress)
Blank will mean the players are currently unclaimed