Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Are we getting new commentators this year? (/forums/showthread.php?t=544775)

blklightning 03-29-2012 11:06 PM

Are we getting new commentators this year?

honestly, if they use the same guys as last year, i won't even consider buying '13. they're far too annoying. and turning them off isn't an option because i find that it adds to the completeness of the game. i can't remember the last time i watched a game on tv that didn't have commentators.

xblake16x 03-30-2012 01:05 AM

Re: Are we getting new commentators this year?

So you are basing pretty much your whole decision on whether or not they get a new commentary team? While they aren't even mediocre, this will not have any impact on whether or not I will buy the game.

roadman 03-30-2012 10:13 AM

It's not the commentators, it's the sound system.

Every few years there is a cycle, let's get rid of Tom Hammond, let's get rid of Collingsworth, etc......

It doesn't matter if you brought in Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, the commentating won't sound good until the sound improves in Madden.

Jonsco28 03-30-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blklightning (Post 2043514840)
honestly, if they use the same guys as last year, i won't even consider buying '13. they're far too annoying. and turning them off isn't an option because i find that it adds to the completeness of the game. i can't remember the last time i watched a game on tv that didn't have commentators.

To each his own. I turned the commentary off in 12 and was completely satisfied. I agree that good announcers add to the immersive feel, but I don't need announcers to tell me what I can see for myself. Same in real life. I can sit and watch a football game without being told what is happening.

mjhyankees 03-30-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2043515682)

Every few years there is a cycle, let's get rid of Tom Hammond, let's get rid of Collingsworth, etc......

It doesn't matter if you brought in Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, the commentating won't sound good until the sound improves in Madden.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean the sound of the announcers voice levels compared to game is unrealistic, or the field noise or station noise? Just curious.

roadman 03-30-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjhyankees (Post 2043515796)
What exactly do you mean? Do you mean the sound of the announcers voice levels compared to game is unrealistic, or the field noise or station noise? Just curious.

The overall sound technology as a whole.

Supposedly, they are transferring FIFA's sound technology over to Madden this year.

shupirate98 03-30-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2043515682)

Wait, did that just imply Joe Buck was good?

SageInfinite 03-30-2012 12:40 PM

Personally I wish it was Al and Chris instead of Gus.