Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   This wind is getting ridiculous (/forums/showthread.php?t=548028)

BrownLemons 04-18-2012 01:28 AM

This wind is getting ridiculous

Overall I think Tiger Woods 13 is a great game. My only real gripe is since I have bumped the difficulty up to tournament setting, it seems like every round I play in my career the wind is blowing 25 to 35 mph. What's even more frustrating is I have live weather enabled and it never matches up with what the real live weather is. I live about 10 minutes from sawgrass and I played earlier today with live weather and it rained and the wind blew 20+mph the whole time while it was sunny and calm all day here. Is anyone else seeing this on tournament level or is there some kind of glitch with the live weather?

DivotMaker 04-18-2012 07:27 AM

Re: This wind is getting ridiculous

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownLemons (Post 2043580536)
Is anyone else seeing this on tournament level or is there some kind of glitch with the live weather?

I believe this is the issue right now.

kerosene31 04-18-2012 09:04 AM

I had to turn off live weather, and even then I still get the occasional hurricane. What is annoying is that the AI seems unaffected by golfing in 30 mph winds. I can't even reach some par 4s in 2 shots...

I love this game, but the large number of bugs is frustrating.

BrownLemons 04-18-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerosene31 (Post 2043580971)
I had to turn off live weather, and even then I still get the occasional hurricane. What is annoying is that the AI seems unaffected by golfing in 30 mph winds. I can't even reach some par 4s in 2 shots...

I love this game, but the large number of bugs is frustrating.

This is what really got me. I was playing in Scottsdale and couldn't reach the fairway with my tee shot and my cag's power is at 80. Like I said, I think the game is really good this year but wind being used to add difficulty is taking a little bit of the fun out of it for me.

Panicshade 04-18-2012 11:04 AM

Also at times the wind just makes no sense. If you have 15-20 MPH winds blowing toward the hole and the ball somehow lands 40 yards short with a club that was 30 yards more than you needed that is ridiculous

choadler 04-18-2012 12:52 PM

Yeah, the wind is over the top. Just fix the live weather and we will be golden.

mrsaito 04-23-2012 12:34 PM

I'm still on the Nike Tour playing Tournament Pro level so I haven't seen this as yet.

I remember having issues with high winds in TW 2010. I ended up configuring the game for live weather and disconnecting my internet connection. Everything was calm. Not ideal but better then the hurricanes.

Has anyone tried this in TW 13?

Araxen 04-23-2012 06:50 PM

I play on Pro and have Live Weather off and I still get the winds. 20-30mph winds at Augusta...next tournament 20-30 mph winds at TPC San Antonio. It is almost unplayable in those conditions.